Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 07-08-2018 09:26 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Hi @AntS not sure about being a big cheese, can I go back to being a helper? LOL
Paul
hmsq
Pioneer
Options

Looks like I've been a lucky boy and got to emails from Curry's. 

Thank you for your email dated 6th August 2018 addressed for the attention of our Chief Executive Officer, Alex Baldock. As part of the CEO Support Team, your correspondence has been passed to me to investigate and respond.

I am sorry that you are unhappy that Samsung have decided not to proceed with introducing the SmartThings dongle that they previously advertised. I can confirm that we are aware of the current issue and have consulted out Legal team regarding this.

They have confirmed that as the television is fulfilling it's primary function, we are not obliged to offer you a full refund, as you have requested. However, I can offer you two resolutions, which I have outlined below.

If you wish to keep the television, we can offer you a £150.00 Payment Voucher, which can be redeemed in store for any goods or services within a 2-year period. Alternatively, I can offer a contribution of £800.00 towards a replacement TV, based on the original purchase price and the age of the unit, in relation to its anticipated life span. This would also be in the form of a Payment Voucher and the old unit would need to be returned before the payment is issued. Either option is offered as full and final settlement of this matter.

Once you have had a chance to consider my offer, please contact me either by email or by calling 0344 561 6372. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment that Samsung's decision regarding the cancellation of the SmartThings programme has caused. I look forward to hearing from you soon and trust that you will feel able to accept one of options offered.

Yours sincerely,

Well funny enough didn't email the CEO or address email to him.

Seems to be a boiler plate template from them.

Would like to know how they got to that figure of £800 credit towards a new TV.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hmsq wrote:

Looks like I've been a lucky boy and got to emails from Curry's. 

Thank you for your email dated 6th August 2018 addressed for the attention of our Chief Executive Officer, Alex Baldock. As part of the CEO Support Team, your correspondence has been passed to me to investigate and respond.

I am sorry that you are unhappy that Samsung have decided not to proceed with introducing the SmartThings dongle that they previously advertised. I can confirm that we are aware of the current issue and have consulted out Legal team regarding this.

They have confirmed that as the television is fulfilling it's primary function, we are not obliged to offer you a full refund, as you have requested. However, I can offer you two resolutions, which I have outlined below.

If you wish to keep the television, we can offer you a £150.00 Payment Voucher, which can be redeemed in store for any goods or services within a 2-year period. Alternatively, I can offer a contribution of £800.00 towards a replacement TV, based on the original purchase price and the age of the unit, in relation to its anticipated life span. This would also be in the form of a Payment Voucher and the old unit would need to be returned before the payment is issued. Either option is offered as full and final settlement of this matter.

Once you have had a chance to consider my offer, please contact me either by email or by calling 0344 561 6372. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment that Samsung's decision regarding the cancellation of the SmartThings programme has caused. I look forward to hearing from you soon and trust that you will feel able to accept one of options offered.

Yours sincerely,

Well funny enough didn't email the CEO or address email to him.

Seems to be a boiler plate template from them.

Would like to know how they got to that figure of £800 credit towards a new TV.

You have got stock answer but improved on larger credit.  But not a refund in cash or full refund. They are still ignoring the consumer regs relating to misrepresentation. Try the section 75 route. Also ask why they are ignoring the regs in relation to misrepresentation. 

Paul 

Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

Hi all.

I am trying to write my first email to currys and wanted to run it by you all before I press send. Please have a read and let me know if I've missed anything or got anything wrong. I am trying to cover all bases so they have nowhere to go but offer the refund. Tanks in advance.

"

Good Afternoon,

I am writing this email in order to request a full refund of £2199.99 for my Samsung 65KS8000.  I purchased it from the Shrewsbury Branch on 03/09/2016, my receipt number is *******.

The refund I am requesting is down to a clear case of misrepresentation or misselling by Currys.  As you can see from this link from your website the TV was meant to come with a Smartthings extend USB dongle but this never materialised. http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/ 

I am sure you will be aware of an internal review into these sets is underway within Currys and that both Richer Sounds and John Lewis are now both refunding their customers for the exact same reason.

I wish to be perfeclty clear that this refund in full request is for the full amount as the product was misrepresented by Currys as is my right stated in the consumer regs. I will not consider a partial refund or store credit gestures of good will.  This is a claim under misrepresentation and not a faulty goods claim.

Yours Faithfully

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

Hi all.

I am trying to write my first email to currys and wanted to run it by you all before I press send. Please have a read and let me know if I've missed anything or got anything wrong. I am trying to cover all bases so they have nowhere to go but offer the refund. Tanks in advance.

"

Good Afternoon,

I am writing this email in order to request a full refund of £2199.99 for my Samsung 65KS8000.  I purchased it from the Shrewsbury Branch on 03/09/2016, my receipt number is *******.

The refund I am requesting is down to a clear case of misrepresentation or misselling by Currys.  As you can see from this link from your website the TV was meant to come with a Smartthings extend USB dongle but this never materialised. http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/ 

I am sure you will be aware of an internal review into these sets is underway within Currys and that both Richer Sounds and John Lewis are now both refunding their customers for the exact same reason.

I wish to be perfeclty clear that this refund in full request is for the full amount as the product was misrepresented by Currys as is my right stated in the consumer regs. I will not consider a partial refund or store credit gestures of good will.  This is a claim under misrepresentation and not a faulty goods claim.

Yours Faithfully

Short sweet and to the point. Press send. Paul 

Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

Thanks Paul, it's gone to SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam@teamknowhow.com and customer.services@currys.co.uk

0 Likes
LeRoi7
Explorer
Options

I've recieved this email from Currys this evening - 

Dear Mr ************,

Case Reference: ********

Thanks for your email dated 1st August 2018. I'm sorry for the delay in our
response.

I'm sorry to learn of how you feel regarding the purchase of your Samsung TV.
We must reject your claim unfortunately due to the fact that we sold the product
as described by the manufacturer at the time. As it was Samsung who decided
to withdraw this service at a later date, your complaint in this instance is with
them. The Consumer Rights act states that the goods are sold as described, at
the point of your purchase they were.

Although this may not be the outcome for which you were hoping, I trust that this
response clearly explains our position on this matter.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact Team knowhow.

Kind regards,

Team knowhow

I'm not happy with their response as they are clearly trying to pass the book onto Samsung. in fact i'm fuming as i clearly outlined in my e-mail as to why i purchased the TV -  " The Samsung 55KS8000 is not as described. At the point of purchase, I paid £1799. I was led to believe that the TV would come with a smart things extender and my purchase of the UE55KS8000 was influenced by the claims made about the capabilities of the TV on the Currys website". 

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

Surely it is the sellers responsibility to check that the product is as Samsung described. They should refund you and then take it up with Samsung. Right?

0 Likes
LeRoi7
Explorer
Options
@Tyler_Durden... I agree, i'm going to send them another email pointing this out.
0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

I imagine I am likely to receive a similar response to my first email (above). I would be interested to see your response to them.

0 Likes