Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Highlighted
Explorer

Seems like JL have definitely come to some sort of agreement with Samsung to get reimbursed for these TVs.

@tarbat It might be worth ringing them again now it seems a decision has been officially made internally.

Highlighted
Navigator

@Tannoy20 wrote:

Good to hear! Did they also contact you out of the blue after the initial rejections or was it via chasing them?

That was me partly chasing them.

I got another response around a week ago where they said they were having conversations with Samsung and I thought yeah all right heard all that before but I sent a kind response back anyway. After not hearing back I called them for an update and the offer £100 to keep it or a refund upon return. Obviously I took the return

Highlighted
Explorer

@CJH26 That's exactly the same offer they gave me. This seems to me like they've made a company wide policy for these cases now.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@CJH26 wrote:

Just to add my update.

Been here from the very beginning, read every page and I am happy to say I also now have a resolution reached with John Lewis.

After months of frustration, poor responses, “nothing we can do” they are coming to pick it up at the weekend for a full refund!

That's another brill result and can we dare say John Lewis have seen the light? 

Again can you put the result on the ks results thread please and if you get time on other social media. 

New we would get there.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Paul

Highlighted
Navigator

@tarbat wrote:

@CJH26 wrote:

Been here from the very beginning, read every page and I am happy to say I also now have a resolution reached with John Lewis.

And yet others like me are still having to pursue John Lewis through the courts :(  I wonder how John Lewis are deciding which cases to fight in the courts and which to refund.

See my last post, Unfortunately yours came in while I was posting.

It would appear they have reached an agreement with Samsung, Wait a few days and see if they contact you, If not phone them again. I was in the same position as you in terms of who I had contacted etc

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@tarbat wrote:

@CJH26 wrote:

And yet others like me are still having to pursue John Lewis through the courts :(  I wonder how John Lewis are deciding which cases to fight in the courts and which to refund.

It may be they have only decided today and ate working through a list.  May be worth while emailing them and ask them why they are offering a refund to other's quoting this forum. 

Paul

Highlighted
Navigator

These are some good responses - but let’s not forget the grief they’ve put some people through here and the work they’ve made people go through to get what they’re entitled to, along with the lies they told to try and fob people off and the arrogant attitude they had along the way.

Even if they do follow up on people now and offer them refunds they are still a disgrace.

Highlighted
Navigator

@paul1277 wrote:

That's another brill result and can we dare say John Lewis have seen the light? 

Again can you put the result on the ks results thread please and if you get time on other social media. 

New we would get there.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Paul

I don’t want to tempt fate but it certainly seems that way, I really got the impression that this is a company wide decision (as it should be!) vs previously a case by case basis 

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@Outcasst wrote:

Seems like JL have definitely come to some sort of agreement with Samsung to get reimbursed for these TVs.

@tarbat It might be worth ringing them again now it seems a decision has been officially made internally.

Or it may be the section 75 result,  because that has gone against them and  it would put a lot of pressure on them from the credit card companies. Also trading  standards may have said something.  If Samsung had agreed to repay the retailers then why are Curry's not doing the same yet for their customers? 

Just a thought. 

Still good news. 

Paul

Pathfinder

@tarbat wrote:

@CJH26 wrote:

I would be amazed if they proceed after today's events, but in the case where they aren't communicating internally and it does slip through and gets that far the refunds they have processed are perfect ammo for the Court. 

Top Liked Authors