Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Apprentice
I've been following these posts for a while... like yourself I purchased mine through Currys. Could you let me know the email address you used?

Regards.
Explorer

@alex_92812 wrote:

This is great news, thanks for sharing this.

My last interaction with Currys regarding my complaint was them admitting misrepresentation and offering a little over 50% of the purchase price in currys vouchers, which they confirmed was their last and final offer to me.

I expect there'll be a lot of people waiting for the result of this "formal company wide decision"

Your lucky you have been offered something at least even though it's not the full refund we are entitled to. Did you accept their offer or refuse? I have been going round in circles with them trying to say the USB dongle is software, one of my questions to them on a recent email was asking what part of a USB dongle is software? They never replied to that email, then I got the chance on Resolver to escalate it to the 'Customer Services Manager' to which I received the above response today. 

Explorer

@mrputt wrote:
I've been following these posts for a while... like yourself I purchased mine through Currys. Could you let me know the email address you used?

Regards.

I logged my complaint through Resolver but haven't been getting anywhere. I emailed scccustomersolutionsteam@teamknowhow.com yesterday (@ and copied all my correspondence I have had with them through Resolver. It could well be that this has prompted the email today or it could be coincidence. 

Explorer

I told them that Currys vouchers are not a suitable form of refund as per the consumer regulations, and said I would be seeking further advice on how to escalate the matter.

I have started making preparations to raise a Section 75 claim, but maybe I won't have to

Highlighted
Explorer

when i emailed the above i had a phone call within 30 minutes to discuss it.  They offered me £1650 cash to return the telly but i got vouchers to £2500 to cover a replacement TV that they suggested which was a low end samsung.

Explorer

It's worth pointing out that they also talk about the smart hub being "Built-In"

"Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs have a built-in SmartThings hub, which is normally bought separately." (https://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/)

So, regardless of the status of the SmartThings Extend, the SmartThings Hub is still not built in.

Navigator

It might work in your favour

The solicitors may tell JohN Lewis they dont have a let to stand on

Explorer

@Stormed wrote:

My latest response from Currys:

Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response. 

We are currently investigating the matter and will be in further contact when a formal company wide decision has been made, in the mean time, can you send over the following details so we can locate your purchase; 

Full address given at purchase 
Full name given at purchase 
Receipt number 
Purchase branch 
Purchase date 

Other than the above, we do not require further information and appreciate your patience. 

This was a response through Resolver however I've also received a similar reply from SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam@teamknowhow.com requesting the same information. 

Navigator

Good luck! Thanks for the update and keeping this going all the way.

Mine is still with the Section 75 claim which has been pending for about 2 weeks now. Will update as soon as I hear anything.

Explorer

I’ve been following this thread with interest for a while and today I’ve finally submitted my complaint to Curry’s. I’m not optimistic, but we’ll see where it goes!

Top Liked Authors