Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Helping Hand

@Sheraton6 wrote:


I think my favourite line from that is “I can confirm JL are not in breach of contract” and then he makes no attempt to validate that statement and instead details the exact ways they are in breach of contract. 

He comfirms the dongle was on their advert. 

He confirms the alternative from Samsung doesn’t offer the same functionality. 

An attempt to mush you to deal with Samsung and get a ‘free’ hub has given you loads of ammunition to use. 


To that I'd really love to push back with 1-line reply: "Equally, I can confirm that you are indeed in breach of contract"

 

I work near someone who misuses "Equally" like that. It slips past most people unnoticed, but he gets away with elevating his opposing opinion to equal status/validity with the thing he's arguing against.

 

Just state whatever you like, and put "Equally" at the start.

"It will never snow in August in Spain"

"Equally, I think it will snow in August in Spain".

See?

 

Apprentice

I've finally got a reply from John Lewis they are sorry for the delay in my case but the hold up is at Samsung's end. It seems JL have forwarded my letter to Samsung, and are waiting Their response. 

Going by some of the posts on here, no doubt I'll be getting offered the £99 hub lol.

Black Belt 

@Buckowski wrote:

I've finally got a reply from John Lewis they are sorry for the delay in my case but the hold up is at Samsung's end. It seems JL have forwarded my letter to Samsung, and are waiting Their response. 

Going by some of the posts on here, no doubt I'll be getting offered the £99 hub lol.


They are just wasting time. They know they are responsible as the retailers, not Samsung. They know the advert they had and which they advertised the dongle. Interesting that they have not come back accepting they advertised the dongle but cannot be held responsible for Samsung withdrawing it, and offering you the Hub as a fair resolution. Maybe a change of tactics from them or they have no other excuses.

Paul

Explorer

I used a template provided on this forum and sent to Currys today and have very quickly had a offer of £457 voucher with return of the TV also. I don't think the offer is of great value giving the price of top end TVs at the moment I could get around the same price selling on the used market. I paid £800 for the KS7000 in November 2016 in today's market I'd need to add another £800 on top of the £457 voucher for a similar TV. What's people's thoughts on this?

Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:

I used a template provided on this forum and sent to Currys today and have very quickly had a offer of £457 voucher with return of the TV also. I don't think the offer is of great value giving the price of top end TVs at the moment I could get around the same price selling on the used market. I paid £800 for the KS7000 in November 2016 in today's market I'd need to add another £800 on top of the £457 voucher for a similar TV. What's people's thoughts on this?


Interesting they have made you an offer so excepting misrepresentation. It is a shift in their previous stance of saying no.

We had a poster some time back who was offered roughly the same but kept his TV after further discussions.

Point out that under the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs you are entitled to a full refund for misrepresentation. It is only if the TV is returned due to a fault where they can make a deduction. They seemed have got mixed up with the two (or more likely just trying it on).

It's a start though,

Paul

Highlighted
Explorer

I had an offer of £1650 to return my TV.  I turned this down and the lady said she would look to see what suitable replacements they have.  They offered a tv at a value of 2.5k which they send codes to redeem the cost.  I then added to a picked up the sony OLED.  I was at the point of them saying £1650 refund or this TV they as they final offer. Next stop was legal action.

Black Belt 

@darrant1234 wrote:

I had an offer of £1650 to return my TV.  I turned this down and the lady said she would look to see what suitable replacements they have.  They offered a tv at a value of 2.5k which they send codes to redeem the cost.  I then added to a picked up the sony OLED.  I was at the point of them saying £1650 refund or this TV they as they final offer. Next stop was legal action.


Yep looks like they may be moving. I have been giving their Twitter some hassle, then they asked me to do a customer survey! Bet you can guess what I said.

Paul

Navigator

After another long phone call with currys today the best I can get out of them is a £150 voucher, even when I told them I'll have to go to small claims court.

 

They said this is their final offer.  Good job I've already sent in my section 75 claim to my credit card.

 

P.S. Also the manger in my local currys store agrees with the misrepresentation and was surprised that currys upper management did not offer to replace my TV.

 

Also another response direct from samsung smartthings

Thanks for your email.
I do apologise for any confusion. The SmartThings (IOT) feature on the 2018 range of Samsung TVs allows you to monitor all your connected devices, providing they are already setup via the SmartThings app on a mobile device. There is no in-built Hub in the Samsung TVs, and subsequently. all devices will have to be added via a mobile phone first.
Just as a heads up, you can connect Samsung products such as TVs, Speakers, Washers and many more to the SmartThings app without the SmartThings Hub. You will then have control of these devices on your mobile phone. However, as mentioned, the SmartThings v2 Hub will allow you to include your supported devices in automations/routines as well.
Explorer

I tried one more time in the last 24 hours to send email to cs solution know how team. They just cut and pasted the previous reponses and even put in a link for me to go to a ADR ombudsman-services.org i blasted them and stated that Currys to not prescribe to them! The person who responded was a CEO of the CS team. LOL!

Got a same response in the email as well they are unable to offer me any more then a partial refund. With the other case I opened they tried to offer me a smarth hub! Then they realised after me giving then the facts they found my original case then stated they can only offer me a parital refund. I stated in my final email  that i will be proceeding to go to small claims court.  So far this is what i have done

- submited case to team knowhow

- messages via twitter

- got a partial refund offer in email form

- gone back again and stated all my facts with links

- reported to CAB

- opened new case offered a smart hub

- messaged fb to say to look at case again

- final email to cs solution team

 

 

Black Belt 

@Boofg100 wrote:

I tried one more time in the last 24 hours to send email to cs solution know how team. They just cut and pasted the previous reponses and even put in a link for me to go to a ADR ombudsman-services.org i blasted them and stated that Currys to not prescribe to them! The person who responded was a CEO of the CS team. LOL!

Got a same response in the email as well they are unable to offer me any more then a partial refund. With the other case I opened they tried to offer me a smarth hub! Then they realised after me giving then the facts they found my original case then stated they can only offer me a parital refund. I stated in my final email  that i will be proceeding to go to small claims court.  So far this is what i have done

- submited case to team knowhow

- messages via twitter

- got a partial refund offer in email form

- gone back again and stated all my facts with links

- reported to CAB

- opened new case offered a smart hub

- messaged fb to say to look at case again

- final email to cs solution team

 

 


You can check with cab but by offering you a partial refund they are admitting they are in the wrong,  which is the battle won. Again check with cab but all you have to show at the small claims court is misrepresentation,  and they have admitted to that. It does look like they are going to take this to the wire. 

Paul

Top Liked Authors