Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@darrant1234 wrote:

Does that mean the b7 is better? It’s cheaper than the b8

As far as I know the b8 has the same 2017 processor as the b7. The c8 has the new 2018 processor. 

Paul

Explorer

Thanks Paul. Clears that up.  

Black Belt 

@tarbat wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@matlough wrote:

No, online John Lewis. Sorry I meant no physical store.

Thats great as it looks like JL are now giving refunds,

No they’re not :(

It's odd how they are playing ball with some and not others. It may be useful to to mention to them that jl are giving refunds to other customers and if you had to go to court it would be interesting to hear why they are treating their VALUED customers so differently. 

Paul

Pathfinder

@darrant1234 wrote:

This is a good summary of the differenes between the models:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/new-lg-tv-3430469

Helping Hand

@CJH26 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@matlough wrote:

No, online John Lewis. Sorry I meant no physical store.

Thats great as it looks like JL are now giving refunds,

No they’re not :(

I completely agree, At the risk of repeating myself here, Contacting them for the first time now yeah sure refunds / replacements no problem, Ever contacted them previously ie upper management levels then your stuffed.

I cant speak for @tarbat here but I had another infuriating phone call with them, There is only so many times you can hear "our stance remains unchanged"

"The 2015 Consumer Rights Act remains unchanged. Speak to your MP if you wish to change it. In the meantime, see you in court!" :(

Helping Hand

@paul1277 wrote:

@darrant1234 wrote:

As far as I know the b8 has the same 2017 processor as the b7. The c8 has the new 2018 processor. 

Paul

Not quite, sorry. 

The number at the end is the model year, so B7/C7/E7/G7/W7 are all 2017. Last year, they all had the same picture processing and the differences were cosmetic (stands, soundbars etc).

So this is one reason the B7 is so popular.

This is not the case this year. Again the models are B8/C8/E8/G8/W8, with "8" = "2018". BUT LG have split the processing power, so the bottom of the range B8 gets a slightly cheaper processor (A7), and C and above get the most powerful (A9). Both the A7 and A9 processors are new and better than last year's but it means the cheapest "best processing" models is now the C8 (the one I've bought).

Also, the B8 has only just been launched, and the C8 was launched at a very expensive price, forcing people to choose between C8 and end-of-line but still very good, B7. This mean the B7, whilst still in the shops, was probably better value for money compared with the C8.

2018 range grid which I used for my choice

LG 2018 range basic+annotated.png

Would like to express my thanks to Paul and to Ramos... Had a completely no hassle free full refund from RS and with great customer service to settle on a Sony 55XF90 as a replacement. Couldn't have asked for more and will now never buy a TV from anywhere else. I used to include JL in that list but not anymore having seen the posts in this forum.

Navigator

So apart from Richer Sounds and John Lewis has anyone got a refund or exchange from any other retailer? 

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@MikeBUK22 wrote:

Would like to express my thanks to Paul and to Ramos... Had a completely no hassle free full refund from RS and with great customer service to settle on a Sony 55XF90 as a replacement. Couldn't have asked for more and will now never buy a TV from anywhere else. I used to include JL in that list but not anymore having seen the posts in this forum.

Great another refund, and thanks for letting us know. Please pass on your result and tell others that we are getting results, even though when we started the thread it did look like a steep climb. I must also thank the Samsung moderators in that they let us run with this thread and tried to keep us updated. Also, the ks refunds thread if you could post your result there as well.

Thanks

Paul

Apprentice

IMG_78841.JPGWhilst packing my 55KS9000 ready for return I noticed the dedicated USB for the dongle (IoT EXTEND) behind the covered connections on the back panel. Proof if ever needed that the KS series were intended to have this facility.

Top Liked Authors