Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Voyager

@Nobel wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for your opinion, I am the owner of a 55KS9000 and John Lewis have offered me a refund in store, the only tv I would be able to exchange to without paying more is an LG 55B7. I popped in to the store yesterday just to have a look and I have to admit I wasn't blown away by the LG, not by the demo material anyway.

So I'm now stuck with a decison to stick or exchange, does anyone have an opinion which can help me make a decision. The exchange will happen tomorrow 11/7. Thanks

Might be worth comparing the two TVs at www.displayspecifications.com  One obvious difference is brightness and peak brightness levels.  The 55KS9000 does 550/1400, and the 55B7 does 300/750.

Explorer

I've esculated my claim at currys and i've just had a conversation with someone there who claims no TV supports smart things.  I've said i thought the 2018 models do? i'm sure i read that on here, is that correct?

either way I've said regardless if they dont the TV was still mis sold and advertised wrong.  She is currently speaking to samsung to which I've reminded her my contract is with Currys and i'm not bothered what samsung say as currys mis sold the TV.

Explorer

Correct, but as the contrast is much better its all relative,  the edge lit screens make all the blacks washed out to achieve that figure. So naturally you turn it down to get a better picture.....

In daylight my b7 is more than bright enough and it's directly at right angle to my patio doors,  I can't see why you'd need brighter in my opinion. Someone may have a reason?

Apprentice
I to have my B7 in a brightly lit room and find it just as good as my old 7500, think it depends really on amount of natural sunlight hits the screen, mine is no near any windows and colours are bold and england QF on saturday looked amazing in 4K
Apprentice
exchange, i was a bit sceptical about the "stats" of the B7, but its no contest, it doesn't need to light the screen so bright, and the fact that the screen is pure black and no annoying edge/bottom LED lighting is a winner. RS convinced me to go for B7 over 2017 QLED and i have to agree with them its fantastic
The builtin dolby vision/atmos demo app is worth the money itself!!! amazing content to show off with
Explorer

currys have just offered a Mu65 something or other in replacement of my KS9000 I've said mine is worth more and i'm seeking the full credit note / refund.

Highlighted
Explorer

does anyone have the full consumer act 2015 bit where it states a full refund withing 6 years.  They are saying I've had it 2 years so its partial refund..

Explorer

@darrant1234 do not bother, i spent many hours and messages to Customer service. They will keep on stating that you had it for this time etc. No matter what you state with the consumers act it will go through one ear out the other.

Explorer

@Boofg100 wrote:

@darrant1234 do not bother, i spent many hours and messages to Customer service. They will keep on stating that you had it for this time etc. No matter what you state with the consumers act it will go through one ear out the other.

He has to,  if he decides to go to court he has to show he has taken all reasonable steps to resolve before escalating this to the courts.  Otherwise it will go against him.

Explorer
That is true
Top Liked Authors