Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

@tarbat wrote:

@Sheraton6 wrote:

I had the reply yesterday and it was rejected. I sent them the exact same info I sent to my retailer but they said I didn’t have a case. 

Did they give a reason for rejecting your case? This might help others pre-empt similar rejection.

The reason given was that I couldn't conclusively prove that the features in question (I mentioned HLG, HDR10+ & the SmartThings USB Extender) were shown to me by the company I purchased from as the articles I sent in with my case were from either Samsung or third parties (the WhatHifi & Trusted Reviews links from the beginning of this thread). Their stance was my contract was with the retailer and none of my supporting documentation pointed the finger at them miss-selling the TV. I couldn't find anything online (even via Internet Archive) from the retailer stating they advertised these features, although they did play a major role in my decision to purchase this model. The main thing I would take from my example is if you are making a Section 75 claim, please make sure you include print outs of the advert from the specific retailer showing the features you are missing. To be honest, I can understand my card suppliers point of view & I consider myself fortunate that the retailer was so quick to offer a solution.

Navigator

Had a very interesting call with my credit card provider about claiming against currys under the section 75 clause.

After explaining the problems I was told it would be very unlikely that it would rule in my favour. Sounded just like currys trying to wash their hands of everything. 

I guess I'll fill the letter in and send it back to them and see what happens. Not feeling confident though.

Black Belt 

@Mylo75 wrote:

Had a very interesting call with my credit card provider about claiming against currys under the section 75 clause.

After explaining the problems I was told it would be very unlikely that it would rule in my favour. Sounded just like currys trying to wash their hands of everything. 

I guess I'll fill the letter in and send it back to them and see what happens. Not feeling confident though.

Again it may be that they don't understand the issues and it has to be made very clear. The ADR result posted here is a good think to use as it is from an independent expert and clearly explains why it is misrepresentation. Also if the credit card company reject your claim there's the appeal which is also free and goes to an independent body. 

Paul

Navigator
Who do I need to get permission from to use that adr result document posted here.

Thanks again Paul
Black Belt 

Anything posted here has been posted for the use of everyone. Therefore feel free to use it,  just say thank you to the poster. If posters do not want anything used then please do not post. You will see lots of templates people have posted for anyone to use if they help. 

There is another forum ks refund info that also has info. 

Paul

Explorer
Paul, anything posted here that is not properly wrapped up with a supporting affidavit from the recipient would be worthless in court, the other side would just say "we don't know who posted that and why they posted".

Which is why I said in one of my earlier postings that the individuals who undertook and won the ADR and/or received E-Mails from companies admitting to the issue should contact you, do a proper affidavit and the turn that into a PDF for you.

Courts are VERY an*l about how evidence must be presented.
Highlighted
Explorer

I've contacted currys who surprise surprise took ages to respond so i sent them a messages via twiter and have been talking to a representative there.  Apparently they contacted samsung and have offered a smart things hub.  I have said this won't offer the same functionality as was advertised (samsung ks9000).

I have asked for my complaint to be escualted higher and i'm currently waiting for a reply.  Whats my next step? where can i can CAB advice?  I paid for the TV with a deposit and then the buy now pay later option (fully paid in July 17, tv purchased july 16)  is it worth going section 75?

Explorer

Curry will not do anything they will constantly fob you off. Contact citizens advise then if you want to take further it has to go route of court action

Explorer

They have just replied and said they will escualte to a manager.  Still wont hold my breath.  whats the link for the CAB to send them details? can't seem to find it.

Explorer

You can fill a online for out for CAB. They will get back to you in a few days

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

Top Liked Authors