Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@tarbat wrote:

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about John Lewis, some of us are still fighting.  They've point-blank refused to offer anything other than the SmartThings hub. John Lewis are providing a "deadlock letter", and I've raised a complaint through the EU ODR system, but expect John Lewis to ignore this and so I will have to pay the £105 to go to court, and wait months for a resolution :(  In the meantime my wife still can't use the SmartThing devices we expected the KS8000 TV would allow her to control.

Samsung (UK President) now claim that the SmartThings Extend USB adaptor and the whole SmartThings functionality is covered by the exclusion clause about Apps, which I'm disputing with them.  To suggest that Samsung's own SmartThings dongle and SmartThings functionality are from a third party "content provider" is ludicrous, but that's their position and they're refusing to budge.

My latest to John Lewis - "So, the Citizen’s Advice Bureau have advised me to pursue an ADR case with you, even if that does mean you’ll refuse ADR. You should have received this, but I enclose a copy in case you haven’t. Can you please notify me whether you intend to nominate a dispute resolution body, as that determines the timescales for this proceeding to court. CAB have also advised me to pursue this through the English court system, so that’s what I’ll be doing. CAB have also put me in touch with an advisor at the DisabilityRightsUK organisation, to support me through the court process.  I still find it mystifying why you’re being so intransigent on this, particularly given that others have now started receiving full refunds from John Lewis and their branches for exactly the same mis-selling."

Any suggestions?

Say's everythiing.  Send it. 

Paul

Helping Hand

@tarbat wrote:

Any suggestions?

Nothing much I can think of :(  . Tragically, David Cannon is no longer with us, otherwise I would suggest getting in touch with him and asking him to drive past the John Lewis shop in question for you. This is what he did with NatWest bank in a bitter dispute he had with them (which he eventually won and they paid him £300,000) :

david-cannon-spraying-manure-pic-rex-947349650Tyneside farmer David Cannon repeatedly sprayed branches of Nat West with manure during a bitter 10-year legal battle.

Black Belt 
Might be a bit extreme!!!
But if it works!
Paul
Explorer

Just a note for people wondering what replacement tv to get.  I’ve been watching my LG B7 for the last hour and all that I can say is wow.  I managed to quickly watch the iPlayer uhd clip and that was amazing. I’m now watching England on itv terrestrial and picture is also great.  I would certainly recommend the tv,

Highlighted
Explorer

@matlough wrote:

@nintendofan wrote:

I have also been tracking this forum for quite some time and after Jep got a refund from JL i decided to test the waters, and jsut shy of a week after i sent my first mail of 3, i got a call today to say i have been offered a refund or exchnage.

Only issue i have now is what to pick, the Q6F seems an equivenent QLED set with HRD Premium support however also a  step down from the KS7500 in terms of some aspects (no moth eye filter) and the Q7F seems a better choice, but dont want to pay too much more right now, also not sure i want to give samsung my money any more.

But my news is that JL are starting to come around it seems, as the guy on the phone did say they have had a few of these cases.

I like JL as a shop so i hope they recop anything lost back from samsung, and i also wonder where our returned KS series TV's will end up... hopefully some outlet site to buy again, as i do love it.

Another great result! I've sent off email, received the standard ' Having reviewed your case, our after sales team are best placed to resolve this for you' . So I await their reply! 

Have you considered OLED - LG B7??

Exact same response i got from them. You'll get a call within a few days asking about an exchange. The b7 knocks spots of the ks7000, pq and motion are far better. Only thing the ks was better at is brightness but that doesnt bother me at all, as the contrast is better on the b7. Only thing letting it down for me is the hdmi cec always switches my ps4 on when i select my avr as the input even though ive selected my laptop on the avr. 

Explorer

I'm fed up with Currys, I have sent 2 emails to them, received 4 auto responses and 2 replies since the 12 of June. I would call them but I want everything in writing.

I have just contacted Citizens Advice using their online form and asked for Currys to be reported to Trading Standards, I have also contacted BBC Watchdog.

Everyone else who bought with Currys or any other retailer for that matter please do the same, the more pressure we can put on them the better!!

First Poster

Hi, I have been reading up on this forum as I could not find much information elsewhere and samsung support goes without saying. My question is to those who have contacted John Lewis, does it matter if i don't have the box for the TV in the refund or exchange if it is offered. Got it so long ago I think the box and packaging got recycled.

Explorer

I have done the same contacted citizens been passed on to trading standards. Also left a review on trustpilot as well. As stated if you want to get response quicker send twitter message to knowhow team

Black Belt 

@Stormed wrote:

I'm fed up with Currys, I have sent 2 emails to them, received 4 auto responses and 2 replies since the 12 of June. I would call them but I want everything in writing.

I have just contacted Citizens Advice using their online form and asked for Currys to be reported to Trading Standards, I have also contacted BBC Watchdog.

Everyone else who bought with Currys or any other retailer for that matter please do the same, the more pressure we can put on them the better!!

I think curry's are going to tough it out until a court or section 75 goes against them. We know we are correct and so does curry's, but until they loose at court they do not have to comply. Richer sounds lost the ADR and jl seem to be doing the right thing. I don't think any emails will shift them and it looks like section 75 or county court. Still ADR for online sales. I really do not think it will end up at court once they receive the intent to take legal action.  All it will take is one good result just like with richer sounds. 

Paul

Black Belt 

@X3723 wrote:

Hi, I have been reading up on this forum as I could not find much information elsewhere and samsung support goes without saying. My question is to those who have contacted John Lewis, does it matter if i don't have the box for the TV in the refund or exchange if it is offered. Got it so long ago I think the box and packaging got recycled.

No,  just tell them.  

Paul

Top Liked Authors