Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer
Me being one of them , short email followed up by a quick call the next day , wouldn't give a refund but store credit to the value which suited me anyway , now one very happy Q7F owner !!!
Apprentice

How did u approached it to RS? Did u told them upfront you are the second owner or kept quiet at that?

Apprentice
How did u approached it to RS? Did u told them upfront you are the second owner or kept quiet at that?
Explorer

@enjoylife27 wrote:

I want the second owner , don't see what difference it makes though , however , if I could get the original owner to deal with it , I would , just in case ....

Explorer

@enjoylife27 wrote:

I wasnt the second owner , don't see what difference it makes though , however , if I could get the original owner to deal with it , I would , just in case ....

Black Belt 

@enjoylife27 wrote:

Hi there,

New to this forum and have a interesting question. I bought a KS8000 second hand from a collegue few months ago who originally bought the TV from Richer Sounds. I do have the original RS invoice and also the second hand purchase receipt.

Now the question is with me being the current legal owner of the TV, do I have the same rights as original owner to claim for a refund or exchange from Richer Sounds under the 2015 act or not? 

Not sure about that. Best to check with citizens advice. Remember you must be truthful or you could be committing fraud. 

Paul

Helping Hand

@enjoylife27 wrote:

Now the question is with me being the current legal owner of the TV, do I have the same rights as original owner to claim for a refund or exchange from Richer Sounds under the 2015 act or not? 

No, definitely not sorry. That was gone as soon as he sold it to you.

In theory, you'd have to sell it back to him, and then he as the legal owner, and original purchaser, is the only person with those rights. The rights are not transerrable: they are are contract between the original purchaser and the retailer.

He could then in theory, persue a claim against RS which would be legally valid IMHO, but certainly dishonest and morally questionable. RS are a shining beacon of good customer service in all of this, it's clear to see, and in my opinion don't deserve to have people pulling a fast one over them. If someone could convince me that they were not taking a financial hit, and somehow Samsung had to refund RS for all these returned TVs, I may change my opinion! But as far as we know, it's the retailing taking the hit for each returned TV (hence illegal and stiff resistance from the utter scum like Curry's).

Apprentice
That’s fine. I’ll probably try n go via original owner as I am still in contact with him. Thanks
Apprentice

Just for my info:

For those who have got store credit from RS, how long is it valid for and how is it given (voucher, etc)?

And those u got full/partial refund from RS, how is that provided (refund to original card, bank transfer, etc)?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Navigator

@enjoylife27 wrote:

Just for my info:

For those who have got store credit from RS, how long is it valid for and how is it given (voucher, etc)?

And those u got full/partial refund from RS, how is that provided (refund to original card, bank transfer, etc)?

Thanks 

I believe the store credit is indefinitely but not sure how it is given, probably on a voucher card. I have asked how my refund is going to be paid and they said its my choice, cheque, bank transfer or on to a card.

Top Liked Authors