Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer
I would add that make sure you are concise, accurate, and emphasise the points you are making, whilst providing the evidence, do not just post the link as this is how they dodge the point.
Navigator

@Jep_uk wrote:
I would add that make sure you are concise, accurate, and emphasise the points you are making, whilst providing the evidence, do not just post the link as this is how they dodge the point.

That’s a great result. Can I ask which email address you used? Myself and others have been dealing with their head office since February and had no such result.

I said all of the same things, made it very clear that I know my rights etc but the best most of us have gotten is the offer of a £100 refund and a smart hub?

Perhaps they have changed their stance in the last few days but my last email from Friday remains unanswered. 

Apprentice

Has anyone had any success with RGB direct on this matter?

From a 65 ks8000 owner!

Apprentice

Hi did you have any luck with this? I'm about to also get in touch with RGB direct and want to know the best way of doing this 

Explorer

I've had a response from Currys:

"Thank you for your email dated 18th June 2018.  I would have liked to discuss this further over the telephone, however, it was not possible to locate a contact number for you.

I am sorry that you did not receive this extra.  The removal of this feature was instigated via Samsung, therefore it was something that we had no control.  We can't be held responsible for the removal of any third party services, it is likened to an app that is no longer available, with this in mind, we are unable to accept your request for a replacement or refund.

Although this may not be the response you were looking for I trust we have clearly explained our position on this matter. "

I'm going to reply reminding them that it is the USB SmartThings extend that is missing. 
Highlighted
Explorer

@CJH26 wrote:

@Jep_uk wrote:

That’s a great result. Can I ask which email address you used? Myself and others have been dealing with their head office since February and had no such result.

I said all of the same things, made it very clear that I know my rights etc but the best most of us have gotten is the offer of a £100 refund and a smart hub?

Perhaps they have changed their stance in the last few days but my last email from Friday remains unanswered. 

I just emailed customerservices@johnlewis.com, found it on the JL app, when looking for an email address rather than use their online form. 

Navigator

@Jep_uk wrote:

I just emailed customerservices@johnlewis.com, found it on the JL app, when looking for an email address rather than use their online form. 

Thanks, Hopefully it’s just a matter of time before they sort it for the rest of us.

Helping Hand

@Stormed wrote:

I've had a response from Currys:

"Thank you for your email dated 18th June 2018.  I would have liked to discuss this further over the telephone, however, it was not possible to locate a contact number for you.

I am sorry that you did not receive this extra.  The removal of this feature was instigated via Samsung, therefore it was something that we had no control.  We can't be held responsible for the removal of any third party services, it is likened to an app that is no longer available, with this in mind, we are unable to accept your request for a replacement or refund.

Although this may not be the response you were looking for I trust we have clearly explained our position on this matter. "

I'm going to reply reminding them that it is the USB SmartThings extend that is missing. 

Yes, do that.

1. It wasn't an extra, it wasn't a third party service, it was a core Samsung function of the TV.

2. Bzzt, bad luck Currys, the 2015 law actually says that not only CAN you be held responsible, you ARE responsible, for 6 years.

Pathfinder

On a related topic, once Currys realise they need to abide by Consumer Law and offer refunds/exchanges does anyone know their stance on lack of original box?  

Ours got water-damaged where it was stored away so we chucked it.  Will that be an issue, does anyone think?  Maybe Samsung will sell me an original!  :-P

Black Belt 

@Moily wrote:

On a related topic, once Currys realise they need to abide by Consumer Law and offer refunds/exchanges does anyone know their stance on lack of original box?  

Ours got water-damaged where it was stored away so we chucked it.  Will that be an issue, does anyone think?  Maybe Samsung will sell me an original!  :-P

Don't worry about it,  its their problem when they pick it up. 

Top Liked Authors