Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@Stormed wrote:

I came across this too:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161125085436/http://www.currys.co.uk:80/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment...

Cloud gaming

The UE49KS7000 allows you to play and enjoy games on the TV, even without a games console. A large range of ultra-high definition games are available in the cloud, adding yet another form of entertainment for your family to enjoy.

Have we ever had a large range of ultra-high definition games are available in the cloud? 

Ask them where and that you wood like to take advantage of that advertisement. 

Paul. 

Explorer

I've had a result from john lewis. Sent an email last thursday, got an email back friday apologising and stated after sales team would be in contact in 72 hours and by monday 18th. Didnt get a response, so was going to email when I got home from work today and on my drive home I got a call from them. They said they can't give me a refund but would exchange to same value and did I want to see what I wanted, but told them I knew what I wanted (LG B7) and was happy to pay difference. They agreed and have arranged for a swap next tuesday. Couldnt be bothered arguing for refund to go RS seeing as they (john lewis) haven't been difficult. 

Black Belt 

@Jep_uk wrote:

I've had a result from john lewis. Sent an email last thursday, got an email back friday apologising and stated after sales team would be in contact in 72 hours and by monday 18th. Didnt get a response, so was going to email when I got home from work today and on my drive home I got a call from them. They said they can't give me a refund but would exchange to same value and did I want to see what I wanted, but told them I knew what I wanted (LG B7) and was happy to pay difference. They agreed and have arranged for a swap next tuesday. Couldnt be bothered arguing for refund to go RS seeing as they (john lewis) haven't been difficult. 

Brill and looks like J Lewis have seen the light which will give hope to the other J Lewis customers. Just now need Curry's and the other retailers to see the light and they would not be doing this if they could get away with it. Well done and again if you have time please broadcast the result on AV Forums on the KS owners threads and facebook.
Thanks,
Paul
Apprentice

Could you please upload an anonymised version of the email you sent to JL?  I intend contacting them for an exchange.

Navigator

Just got this reply from curry's, what next?

Thank you for your email dated 16th June 2018. Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response. 

I am sorry that you feel you were mis-sold your TV. Please be advised that as this was a store purchase you would need to speak to the management team in the branch about this as we were not privy to the information you were given when the purchase was made. I recommend taking the advertising link to the branch when you do this. 

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further in this instance. I do hope that you are able to find a suitable resolution to this matter. 

Thank you for contacting Team knowhow.

Navigator

@Jep_uk wrote:

That is great news and hope for all the other people who purchased from John Lewis. Can I ask you what you put in your complaint letter so others can use it as an example. Did you use the Which! tool or compose your own message? Did you just stick to the SmartThing extended in your complaint? Was the SmartThing Extended feature mentioned in the your models description? Did you mention the Retail ADR case against Richer Sounds?

Black Belt 

@Mylo75 wrote:

Just got this reply from curry's, what next?

Thank you for your email dated 16th June 2018. Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response. 
Yep they are still trying it on.  Point out that the know how website and the curry's site were used in your consideration of that model and curry's plc are the retailer therefore it does not matter which store you bought from as there web information is the same for all stores. They are right though in that you should first approach the store you bought from. 

Paul
I am sorry that you feel you were mis-sold your TV. Please be advised that as this was a store purchase you would need to speak to the management team in the branch about this as we were not privy to the information you were given when the purchase was made. I recommend taking the advertising link to the branch when you do this. 

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further in this instance. I do hope that you are able to find a suitable resolution to this matter. 

Thank you for contacting Team knowhow.

Highlighted
Explorer

@k00lworld will get my email to you when I'm back in office, but I'm working on site this week, so it wont be till Monday I'm afraid. 

Apprentice

That's great.  Thanks very much.

Explorer

@Ramos049 wrote:

@Jep_uk

That is great news and hope for all the other people who purchased from John Lewis. Can I ask you what you put in your complaint letter so others can use it as an example. Did you use the Which! tool or compose your own message? Did you just stick to the SmartThing extended in your complaint? Was the SmartThing Extended feature mentioned in the your models description? Did you mention the Retail ADR case against Richer Sounds?

I composed my own. As noted above I will post my letter when I can get back to the office next week. In the mean time, I can provide details on what I put in for now. 

I started with saying why I am emailing them, and provided detail on my purchase, e.g. which model, how much I paid and when. I expanded on why I bought it i.e. the SmartThings Extend, which was adevrtised on their website. I provided two links, one for the generic samsung page on their which is no longer available, and then a link direct to the product page of the model I bought. I did not mention anything else, only the Smartthings extend. 

I then quoted the cconsumer rights act, which  borrowed some text from which website (i think), and empahsised the as described part. I then extracted  the text that was relevant from their website and to ensure that they could not try and dodge the issue, e.g. by talking about third party apps. I then expanded on this by stating that Samsung had recently stated this dongle would not be made available. And as such the TV was not as described by their (John Lewis) advert.  I also made reference to the 6 years, and supported this by extracting the relevant paragraph from the acts commentary which is available on the government website (where the act is available). 

From this, I used wording similar to the act which demonstrated that the contract was between me and John lewis, and as the goods was not as advertised then there was a breach of contract.

I then made reference to the ADR rcase between another custonmer and Richer sounds, which agreed that misrepresentation had occurred. I also noted that Richer Sounds had avertised the dongle the same as John lewis. 

I hope that helps. 

Top Liked Authors