Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Voyager

@Jcotts wrote:

I know I’ve posted this earlier but I do need some help with my next response:

 

Hi James,

 

Thank you for sending through the images. As advised on the call, we are unable to exchange or offer a refund for the item as we can’t be held accountable for external advertising by the manufacturer.

 

I have looked through the images you have sent however these do not specify the Amazon link of when you purchased this item in particular from TVs and More (i.e. link to the item you have purchased specifying these features with date of purchase).

 

Unfortunately for these reasons we are unable to offer a replacement or refund, as we discussed over the phone I would advise contacting the manufacturer directly to explain the issue and they should be able to assist.

 

Many thanks

***


which retailer is this?

Explorer
It’s tvsandmore via amazon marketplace.

I think their official trader name is RURO ltd
Voyager

@Jcotts wrote:
It’s tvsandmore via amazon marketplace.

I think their official trader name is RURO ltd

They're own website clearly states that it will have the SmartThings extend - see http://www.tvsandmore.co.uk/product/19388/samsung-8-series-ue49ks8000-49-led-smart-tv-4k-ultrahd

Explorer

I mentione I'd consider a flat screen too, and have been offered these as a replacement for my KS7500.

Thoughts on these two options? Is the Q6FN considered a step-down to the KS7500? I thought the Q7FN might have been a closer match?

Flat Q6FN or Curved Q7CAM - I believe one is a 2018 model and the other a 2017.

Explorer

@OneManTagTeam wrote:

I have KS7000. Would someone who has successfully received a replacement or refund from Currys website be kind enough to PM a copy of their email or letter they sent to get it sorted? I bought on September 2016

 

i have autism and dyslexia so I not very good at getting my point across with what I mean and help would be very appreciated. I will change any specific details into my own.

 

Thank you very much


@OneManTagTeam - I'm happy to send you what I sent to Currys. I basically copied one of the emails from the first couple of pages and added a bit extra. It's been six days since I emailed Currys and have not yet had a response (apart from an auto-response). I did give them 14 days to either agree to me returning the TV and being issued with a refund or suitable exchange otherwise I said I would contact my credit card company and go down the section 75 route although theres no guarantee that would be sucessful either. 

Black Belt 

@Jcotts wrote:
It’s tvsandmore via amazon marketplace.

I think their official trader name is RURO ltd

I would never buy again from Amazon . Under consumer law it is what the retailer advertises,  not the manufacturer . You must be able to prove that is was the retailer who advertised the dongle. 

Paul

Black Belt 

@tarbat wrote:

@Jcotts wrote:
It’s tvsandmore via amazon marketplace.

I think their official trader name is RURO ltd

They're own website clearly states that it will have the SmartThings extend - see http://www.tvsandmore.co.uk/product/19388/samsung-8-series-ue49ks8000-49-led-smart-tv-4k-ultrahd


That proves the retailer did advertise the smart things compatibility which Samsung have said they are not now doing so you have a case.  Point out that their advertising shows the smart things coming soon. You have a strong case. 

Paul

Black Belt 

@Waynimus wrote:

I mentione I'd consider a flat screen too, and have been offered these as a replacement for my KS7500.

Thoughts on these two options? Is the Q6FN considered a step-down to the KS7500? I thought the Q7FN might have been a closer match?

Flat Q6FN or Curved Q7CAM - I believe one is a 2018 model and the other a 2017.


I think the one 2018 q7f.  

Paul

Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry Paul, I am not sure what you mean. Is it possible to push for a 2018 Q7F?

 

They offered a Q6FN, which I am sure is 2018. The Q7C is missing the 'N' so presumably it is the 2017 model. If the Q7C is 2017 then I have read the horror stories regarding the One Connect cable. I heard it also requires 2 plug sockets for both the TV and OC box.

Black Belt 

@Waynimus wrote:

Sorry Paul, I am not sure what you mean. Is it possible to push for a 2018 Q7F?

 

They offered a Q6FN, which I am sure is 2018. The Q7C is missing the 'N' so presumably it is the 2017 model. If the Q7C is 2017 then I have read the horror stories regarding the One Connect cable. I heard it also requires 2 plug sockets for both the TV and OC box.

The q6f is not the quantum dot model,  its the q7 and above.  The q7 is the replacement for the ks7000. And yes ask for the 2018 model. 

Paul


Top Liked Authors