Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Hotshot

@paulyoung666 wrote:

They must be really sure if their position on all this ....

No they are just trying it on. Richer sounds have given exchanges and refunds and would not have done if they thought there was no case. Push the section 75 through your credit card. They are hoping you will give up and go away and then they win and the consumer looses.

Voyager

Applogy,  if this has already be covered in prevous posts but has anyone had any success with John Lewis?

Explorer

@Jay108 wrote:

Applogy,  if this has already be covered in prevous posts but has anyone had any success with John Lewis?

I'm in the early stage of a battle with JL.  Their initial response is that I should have reported the missing Extender within 31 days.  I've now replied to them and also quoted Richer Sounds efforts.  I will update once I get more information.

Steve

Hotshot

@sewarner wrote:

@Jay108 wrote:

I'm in the early stage of a battle with JL.  Their initial response is that I should have reported the missing Extender within 31 days.  I've now replied to them and also quoted Richer Sounds efforts.  I will update once I get more information.

Steve

Bless them they do try.  I think it has been pointed out there is no time limit and the advertising for the connect did not give a time when you would receive it. Therefore you being very reasonable waiting patiently for the dongle. 

They will try anything but they will see from richer sounds they are fighting a loosing battle. 

Helping Hand

@low-def wrote:
I simply sent the letter template from the first pages on here and had an email back within a few days saying they would offer me £1199 credit towards any tv they stock.

Great, thanks @low-def

Highlighted
Navigator

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone with my progress with Richer Sounds but I ended up taking my complaint to Retail ADR and I was not allowed to discuss it on public forums but I have just had the recommendation through from them and it is good news. They have agreed that it is a clear act of misrepresentation and that I am entitled to a FULL REFUND. So, if you have bought it from Richer Sounds do not accept anything less. Also if you are exchanging it for another TV you could probably get something that cost a little bit more than what your Samsung cost as it would work out cheaper for them to do that than give you a full cash refund. The good thing about Retail ADR is that Richer Sounds are bound by their decision but unfortunately I believe that is not the case with John Lewis or Currys. However, you can still take it to Retail ADR and if they do disregard their decision you can then use it as evidence in the small claims court and you would have an extremely strong case. It has taken two months for it to go through Retail ADR but I'm glad I did, as we all now know that the least they should be offering is a full refund.

Hotshot

@Ramos049 wrote:

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone with my progress with Richer Sounds but I ended up taking my complaint to Retail ADR and I was not allowed to discuss it on public forums but I have just had the recommendation through from them and it is good news. They have agreed that it is a clear act of misrepresentation and that I am entitled to a FULL REFUND. So, if you have bought it from Richer Sounds do not accept anything less. Also if you are exchanging it for another TV you could probably get something that cost a little bit more than what your Samsung cost as it would work out cheaper for them to do that than give you a full cash refund. The good thing about Retail ADR is that Richer Sounds are bound by their decision but unfortunately I believe that is not the case with John Lewis or Currys. However, you can still take it to Retail ADR and if they do disregard their decision you can then use it as evidence in the small claims court and you would have an extremely strong case. It has taken two months for it to go through Retail ADR but I'm glad I did, as we all now know that the least they should be offering is a full refund.

What more could we want and with that do you think any retailer would challenge that at court. It is a fantastic result and shows that the law is with us. Those going down this route should now believe there will be only one outcome. Thanks for this information and could we ask that you spread this result around,  Facebook and Twitter and av forums. 

Thanks again and brilliant,  any chance putting the decision on line here. 

Explorer
Great stuff! Also managed to get a full refund of £1199 for mine 😊
I also went down the upgrade path and picked up a LG B7 OLED.
Explorer
Is the LG B7 the best replacement? Brightness isn’t comparable but it seems to support all formats DV/HLG and has those deep blacks, any others worth considering.
Explorer

It’s the best tv on the market under £2000...in my opinion, and most websites 😬 but each to their own.

Top Liked Authors