Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Navigator

Thanks @paul1277 - I have started the section 75 process, my credit card company are posting all the paperwork through now. I have all the evidence I need I think, I just need to go through the process. Thanks for your help. I will report back.

Navigator

@rosscoukwrote:

Morning,

No @CJH26, nothing. So I intend to start the section 75 now. Do I need to know anything beforehand?

That’s really quite pathetic! You have done the right thing going down the section 75 route, based on the timeline my bank gave me I should be approaching the half way point now. Not that I have heard anything back yet.

A bit late now but mine basically wanted an email with all the purchase details, why it was mis-sold and the evidence to support this.

Navigator

Just an update on how I'm getting on with Richer Sounds. Was just as I thought and getting a bit of pushback but am hoping it is just a case of the customer service representative not knowing the difference between returning a faulty TV and one that has been missold. He called up today and said he would look at what he could offer as a replacement. I informed him straight away that I had already purchased a replacement and wanted a full refund. He said as I had it for 18 months that I was not entitled to a full refund. I explained that that would be correct if it was faulty but as they have missold it the regulations clearly stated I am entitled to a full refund. He also said I haven't used the feature so far so not entitled to full refund to which I explained that I had been waiting for the dongle to be released and that the regulation states I have up to 6 years to make a claim. Also said if they didn't offer a full refund I would take it to the small claims court; can't use section 75. He said he would contact the accounting department and let me know next week.

I believe I'm right in everything I said to him but if anybody knows different let me know. Also if there is anything I missed that I can use I would appreciate it. Fingers cross they come back next week offering a full refund.

Black Belt 

@Ramos049wrote:

Just an update on how I'm getting on with Richer Sounds. Was just as I thought and getting a bit of pushback but am hoping it is just a case of the customer service representative not knowing the difference between returning a faulty TV and one that has been missold. He called up today and said he would look at what he could offer as a replacement. I informed him straight away that I had already purchased a replacement and wanted a full refund. He said as I had it for 18 months that I was not entitled to a full refund. I explained that that would be correct if it was faulty but as they have missold it the regulations clearly stated I am entitled to a full refund. He also said I haven't used the feature so far so not entitled to full refund to which I explained that I had been waiting for the dongle to be released and that the regulation states I have up to 6 years to make a claim. Also said if they didn't offer a full refund I would take it to the small claims court; can't use section 75. He said he would contact the accounting department and let me know next week.

I believe I'm right in everything I said to him but if anybody knows different let me know. Also if there is anything I missed that I can use I would appreciate it. Fingers cross they come back next week offering a full refund.

Its always worth putting every thing in writing and there are letters members have used on this thread. Point out the it was only recently when Samsung admitted there would be no Dongle. Send an email to their support becaue they will know all about this issue.

Paul

Apprentice

I accepted a partial refund/credit from RS. I was never pushing to return mine in the first place, so the fact that they even offered - purely on the basis that Samsung aren't playing ball - I figured it's worth it (even just to avoid any drama).

Now I just need to find a replacement... figure the LG C8 will be worth a look in, whenever it lands.

In the meantime.. can anyone recommend a short/medium term TV rental service? Any to avoid?

Navigator

I had a reply from JL today after I said I was disastified with their previous offer (£100 and smart things hub). I am waiting on the section 75 paperwork to come through from my credit card company. Reply below;

Thank you for your patience with this matter and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding while I looked into this matter further.

While I appreciate you are disappointed with the previous response regarding the Samsung Smart Things hub, our position on this has not changed. Should you wish to accept the hub and gesture of £100, this offer remains open. 

Please let me know a good time to contact you so we may process the refund and arrange for Samsung to issue the hub.

Kind regards,

Richard *****
Director Relations Case Manager
John Lewis 

What are the chances with the section 75? Has anyone succesfully completed? I suppose its small claims court after that.

Black Belt 

@rosscoukwrote:

I had a reply from JL today after I said I was disastified with their previous offer (£100 and smart things hub). I am waiting on the section 75 paperwork to come through from my credit card company. Reply below;

Thank you for your patience with this matter and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding while I looked into this matter further.

While I appreciate you are disappointed with the previous response regarding the Samsung Smart Things hub, our position on this has not changed. Should you wish to accept the hub and gesture of £100, this offer remains open. 

Please let me know a good time to contact you so we may process the refund and arrange for Samsung to issue the hub.

Kind regards,

Richard *****
Director Relations Case Manager
John Lewis 

What are the chances with the section 75? Has anyone succesfully completed? I suppose its small claims court after that.

They seem to be playing the long game but I think they made a slip up by saying

"Please let me know a good time to contact you so we may process the refund and arrange for Samsung to issue the hub."

It was the refund they are offering and might be interesting if you reply accepting the refund and thanking them for it. Remember they have said they will give you a refund.

As per the section 75 it does seem to take a while, but it costs nothing and there have been no no's yet.

Looking on the HLG thread it's looking like the KS will not get the Sky HLG along with no BBC Iplayer HLG and I think a question mark on HLG over HDMI, but might be wrong.

Paul

Paul

Highlighted
Navigator

@rosscoukwrote:

I really can’t believe how poorly John Lewis have been through this. My provider said it seems like a clear case, this week marks the half way point for me, I don’t know if yours has given any indication of time but mine said up to 8 weeks

Apprentice

I got the same email from JL. Again it’s the generic text and just they’ve just changed the name.

Navigator

So I finally heard back from my credit card in regards to my Section 75 claim.

As the smart USB extend was described as "free" it carries no value and as such the claim cannot proceed.

I told them that my claim is for misrepresentation as the device heavily influenced my decision to purchase the television and without it it wont provide the functions that it was advertised as but they are sticking to it and wont accept the claim.

This is their final response so I am now getting a letter of deadlock to send to the financial ombudsman.

I still cant get over how John Lewis have treated their customers, It shows our worth to them!

Top Liked Authors