Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 13-03-2018 06:19 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

They’re not budging on £200 or the rubbish LG TV.  Final offer.

Not sure what to do- can I be bothered finding all the proofs and filing section 75? No. Might just take the £200 with the knowledge to never buy another Samsung product again as long as there’s blood in my veins. 

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

They’re not budging on £200 or the rubbish LG TV.  Final offer.

Not sure what to do- can I be bothered finding all the proofs and filing section 75? No. Might just take the £200 with the knowledge to never buy another Samsung product again as long as there’s blood in my veins. 

It is very easy to do section 75 all you need is the approx time you bought the TV, then the CC company will find the transaction. All you need to do is explain on the phone why you think you were miss sold. They may want to see your proof which is just the link to their advert and Samsungs acknowledgement that they were not supplying the dongle which @AntS posted the other day and that's it. They will then go off and contact Curry's for an explanation, and they will not be fobbed off. They will be independent because if they find in your favour they recoup the money from Curry's. It will cost you nothing just a free phone call and you should get a full refund. Curry's are hoping you will just give up and accept, but it's your choice.

MC_Blade
Pioneer
Options

Sadly they win then, they have worn you down an beat you into submission.

Like Paul1111 says Section 75 is easy, dont give in.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@MC_Bladewrote:

That has been that tactic with everyone because until they are forced they will play this "game". They know most people will give up and that is what they are relying on. John Lewis seem to not be able to do anything at the moment and their tactic is to say that are in discussions with Samsung! Which to me  the issue is with JL not Samsung. Richer Sounds on the other hand looked at the argument and then gave refunds. Ten out of ten and I have told them that via twitter that they will be getting all my future business.

So if there was no case to answer and I am sure Richer Sounds would have checked with their legal department, they would not have paid out. That then says to me that if it did go to court you have a very good case. I do not think Curry's or JL would want to test that and they will continue this stalling tactic for every one who makes a claim hoping they will give up and to put others off. They know until a legal challenge is made they can continue fobbing people off. If it went to court and they lost or a section 75 was unsuccessful that would then open the floodgates, because I bet there are quite a few owners watching how this goes.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@paul1111wrote:

@MC_Bladewrote:

That has been that tactic with everyone because until they are forced they will play this "game". They know most people will give up and that is what they are relying on. John Lewis seem to not be able to do anything at the moment and their tactic is to say that are in discussions with Samsung! Which to me  the issue is with JL not Samsung. Richer Sounds on the other hand looked at the argument and then gave refunds. Ten out of ten and I have told them that via twitter that they will be getting all my future business.

So if there was no case to answer and I am sure Richer Sounds would have checked with their legal department, they would not have paid out. That then says to me that if it did go to court you have a very good case. I do not think Curry's or JL would want to test that and they will continue this stalling tactic for every one who makes a claim hoping they will give up and to put others off. They know until a legal challenge is made they can continue fobbing people off. If it went to court and they lost or a section 75 was unsuccessful that would then open the floodgates, because I bet there are quite a few owners watching how this goes.

Meant to say section 75 was successful

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options
Hi Paul. This message isn't related to the post above, I just wanted to alert you to the fact I've sent you a private message. I'm doing that because I don't know if you check for private messages often. I only just read a couple that were sent to myself a couple of weeks ago because I didn't know they were there.
All the best Cris.
0 Likes
CJH26
Navigator
Options

So now it gets interesting. As you guys know I filed my section 75 claim a few weeks ago and while I have not heard back yet (it takes up to 8 weeks) I have just had my latest message from John Lewis... and it is a complete joke!

Its everything I imagined it would be and just proves they are in bed with Samsung, their main mission is to please them and forget about their customers. For sure all future purchases are going to be with Richer Sounds!

Basically they have apologized it has taken so long and they are now in the position to provide a resolution. They have admitted their own wrong doing by advertising the USB dongle. They have confirmed that the USB dongle is not getting released and they want to offer the hub instead (even though I told them I was not interested in this), they admit that it wont provide the same functionality they believe it to be a reasonable alternative and because I have waited so long they will also refund me £100.

Needless to say I will be rejecting this and proceeding with my section 75 claim to obtain a full refund and I will be pointing this out to them.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@CJH26wrote:

So now it gets interesting. As you guys know I filed my section 75 claim a few weeks ago and while I have not heard back yet (it takes up to 8 weeks) I have just had my latest message from John Lewis... and it is a complete joke!

Its everything I imagined it would be and just proves they are in bed with Samsung, their main mission is to please them and forget about their customers. For sure all future purchases are going to be with Richer Sounds!

Basically they have apologized it has taken so long and they are now in the position to provide a resolution. They have admitted their own wrong doing by advertising the USB dongle. They have confirmed that the USB dongle is not getting released and they want to offer the hub instead (even though I told them I was not interested in this), they admit that it wont provide the same functionality they believe it to be a reasonable alternative and because I have waited so long they will also refund me £100.

Needless to say I will be rejecting this and proceeding with my section 75 claim to obtain a full refund and I will be pointing this out to them.

They have by the sounds of it admitted to misrepresentation.  May I suggest you forward that reply to your credit card supplier as further proof of misrepresentation. I am surprised they have admitted it.  You could ask them to confirm they misrepresented the TV in its website as per the consumer regs. 

Could you post their actual reply please. 

0 Likes
CJH26
Navigator
Options

Yes they have admitted 100% misrepresentation. As I said I have just messaged them back rejecting their offer, I will await a further reply but if its anything short of a full refund the section 75 claim will remain and I will forward it onto my bank. It is a fairly generic email that has been composed in part of their communication with Samsung, As it is still an ongoing case I wont be posting the full reply. Just the highlights so others who have purchased with JL can advise each other if their responses are similar.

MC_Blade
Pioneer
Options
Good for you, don't let them off the hook.