Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Hotshot

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

Oh god no, not happy at all. This was my (quick as I'm busy) response-

I'm afraid I will not accept £549 - I paid £1300 for this TV therefore expect a full refund or exchange for a 'like for like' TV. As a case for mis-selling I am within my right to receive a full refund by law. 

If I was allowed to keep the TV, then I would be happy to accept your offer and close the case, but if you expect me to return it I wouldn't be able to get a TV of anywhere near the same specifications for £549.

I think that is a similar reply @daleski75 sent back when they made the same of to him/her. The second offer was the voucher and keep the telly which I said he had accepted and had received the vouchers. Think they went towards an OLED.

Hotshot

Just waiting on John Lewis to make their minds up!

Navigator

@paul1111wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

I'm afraid I will not accept £549 - I paid £1300 for this TV therefore expect a full refund or exchange for a 'like for like' TV. As a case for mis-selling I am within my right to receive a full refund by law. 

If I was allowed to keep the TV, then I would be happy to accept your offer and close the case, but if you expect me to return it I wouldn't be able to get a TV of anywhere near the same specifications for £549.

I think that is a similar reply @daleski75 sent back when they made the same of to him/her. The second offer was the voucher and keep the telly which I said he had accepted and had received the vouchers. Think they went towards an OLED.

Fingers crossed! Mine would go towards either the new Sony or an LG. Not sold on OLED with the banding and screen burn issues (even though most owners swear they don't have an issue, I'm not rushing in for a 'flagship' again)

Navigator

Another reply from them - 

I am sorry that you are not happy with my offer.  If you would like to have a look at this television by putting this product code in the Currys search bar, 195223, this is of similar specification, I would be happy to raise a voucher for this TV on confirmation of the the old one returned to a local store or on collection back to ourselves.

If you would however like to keep your current TV, I can raise you a voucher to the value of £200.00 

I look forward to hearing from you soon

The TV they are offering is an LG 55UJ701V worth £599. I know these are definitely not "similar specification" to the KS so again the offer is insulting.

Explorer

you have alot  more patiance than I thats for sure I would have given 14 days notice to start Section 75 at the outset. they are taking the preverbial ... thank God I bought from RS.

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

They tried to do that with me as well but when I pushed them they then said I could keep the tv and keep the offer of £549 as a gesture of good will.

You're so close mate!

Hotshot

@MC_Bladewrote:

you have alot  more patiance than I thats for sure I would have given 14 days notice to start Section 75 at the outset. they are taking the preverbial ... thank God I bought from RS.

Think time to contact your credit card company and tell Curry's you going to so.

Helping Hand

@paul1111wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

They got me a brand new bedroom tv LG 43UJ670V, a laser printer, a food mixer and some straighteners for the missus.

Hotshot

@MC_Bladewrote:

Think time to ring credit card company and inform Curry's that is what you are doing.

Explorer

Exactly they have already admitted misselling - other option is go to small claims,  send them notice if intent i cant see them letting it getting to court as once one person goes and wins the genie is out of the bottle for curries and these tactics will no longer work.

Top Liked Authors