Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2018/02/23/samsung-confirms-no-bbc-iplayer-hdr-support-for-i...

Don't know if everyone has seen this article, it's from a credible source.

Seems 2016 TVs won't be getting updated ever.

Highlighted
Helping Hand

Yup it's common knowledge now :(

Black Belt 

Hi just had my 65Q9F collected for a full refund from Samsung. Looking at the Sony XF90, when it hits the shops, and I think it will be Richer Sounds that get my order. Like their 6 year warranty.

Paul

Explorer
Whatever you go for , you can't beat Richer Sounds in my opinion !!!
Voyager

Well that bloodbath managed one thing, it got the thread shut down. Not sure for how long, so I thought I'd pop over to this KS refund thread even though I'm a JS owner and none of the issues you 'lucky' KS owners are applicable to JS owners regarding a refund (oh the joy and expense of being an early adopter), as I'm sure we're all rather hoping that the once promised 'statement from Samsung' will be eventually forthcoming and here is hopefully where I can be alerted of that statement. I hope conversations are a little more civilised here, they seem to be.

All the best. Cris.

Hotshot

@crashcriswrote:

Well that bloodbath managed one thing, it got the thread shut down. Not sure for how long, so I thought I'd pop over to this KS refund thread even though I'm a JS owner and none of the issues you 'lucky' KS owners are applicable to JS owners regarding a refund (oh the joy and expense of being an early adopter), as I'm sure we're all rather hoping that the once promised 'statement from Samsung' will be eventually forthcoming and here is hopefully where I can be alerted of that statement. I hope conversations are a little more civilised here, they seem to be.

All the best. Cris.

It a shame as we had some good discussions,  but it has been hijacked and I think the purpose was to get it shut down. Will now see if they try the same here. 

Navigator

2 weeks later and had a reply from Currys (after I threatened them this morning with section 75 again)

"

Thank you for your email and for your continued patience.

As a resolve, I would like to offer you a voucher to the value of £549.00. For me to arrange this could you please take the Samsung television to a local store or we can arrange a collection from your home.

I am sorry that this has taken this long to offer a resolve however this has been with our litigation team and we have only just been updated by them.

In regards to escalating this any higher, as we deal with the complaints on behalf of our CEO Sebastian James,  we are the highest level a complaint can be taken.

I trust this is of help."

Hotshot

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

2 weeks later and had a reply from Currys (after I threatened them this morning with section 75 again)

"

As a resolve, I would like to offer you a voucher to the value of £549.00. For me to arrange this could you please take the Samsung television to a local store or we can arrange a collection from your home.

I am sorry that this has taken this long to offer a resolve however this has been with our litigation team and we have only just been updated by them.

In regards to escalating this any higher, as we deal with the complaints on behalf of our CEO Sebastian James,  we are the highest level a complaint can be taken.

That's a similar result to @daleski75 with one big exception, he could keep his telly. Is it to the full value? Most importantly are you happy with that offer. They have excepted they are in the wrong so you can insist if you want on the full refund. But still a result in them admitting misrepresentation and this would be recognised as such in court. That is why I do not think it would ever get to court.

Hotshot

@paul1111wrote:

@CaptnSpauldingwrote:

"

That's a similar result to @daleski75 with one big exception, he could keep his telly. Is it to the full value? Most importantly are you happy with that offer. They have excepted they are in the wrong so you can insist if you want on the full refund. But still a result in them admitting misrepresentation and this would be recognised as such in court. That is why I do not think it would ever get to court.

I forgot to say if you are not happy just tell them you are going to go ahead with the section 75.

Navigator

Oh god no, not happy at all. This was my (quick as I'm busy) response-

I'm afraid I will not accept £549 - I paid £1300 for this TV therefore expect a full refund or exchange for a 'like for like' TV. As a case for mis-selling I am within my right to receive a full refund by law. 

If I was allowed to keep the TV, then I would be happy to accept your offer and close the case, but if you expect me to return it I wouldn't be able to get a TV of anywhere near the same specifications for £549.

Top Liked Authors