Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 08:05 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

wrote:

wrote:
I'm just writing a reply now and linking to their page here - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.html - which is still active by the way, still saying the Smart Things is free within 2016 (which we know was delayed and then dropped)

I also like the fact he says I declined their offer - I never, I didn't even reply so I am also stating this in my reply that I'm leaving my options open whilst I seek legal advice

That was not the sort of response I was expecting, now how on earth did I manage to get £549 out of them if this is how they now behaving.

This really sucks 😞

Because someone at Curry's  or Samsung said s*** we need to stop this and put their heads together  and are coming up with different excuses as a why of either stopping claims,  or as a time wasting exercise,  to put people off or make people question if they really have a case.  It the kind of tactics one would expect from a third rate seller not a so called top retailer.  If they do put people off they have won.  Remember the advice from the Which tool and Citizens Advice. Also they would not have given @daleski75 550 in vouchers if the had thought they did not have a case to answer. 

0 Likes
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

This is my reply - 

Dear Lloyd,

Thank you for your reply. Whilst I appreciate you looking into my case more thorough than your previous colleagues, I am still not happy with the reply.

Can I just state firstly that the TV was indeed advertised at the time to come with the Smart Things USB dongle and it still is currently live on your website now, at https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.html (under Cloud gaming)

I quote - "*Free Samsung SmartThings Extend USB adapter available within 2016" - obviously it wasn't available 'within' 2016 as it never launched and I was told by Samsung it was delayed into 2017. That also never came to pasture because late in 2017 Samsung confirmed via email (not publicly) that The Smart Things USB dongle had been dropped.

Also the blog post we both refer to dated 17/03/2016 is written by Currys and is made public. I based my purchase upon weeks of researching and included this factor into my purchase - I was not aware that a blog written by Currys was supposed to be lies or not factual. I believe ASA and CAB will like to hear about this. 

Secondly, I have not declined any offer as of yet as I haven't replied to the most recent reply from Team knowhow. I thought the offer was rather insulting considering I was mis-sold however I'm currently keeping my options open whilst I seek legal advice for a possible small claims case . As I have stated, I have already spoken with Citizens Advice who said I have a case for mis-selling and they have sent the details to Trading Standards to be investigated. I was just hoping for a solution without going to these extremes.

I look forward to hear from you.
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options
Just changed the ASA and CAB bit to this to sound better - "I was not aware that a blog written by Currys was not factual or accurate"
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.html   Cloud gaming - Console free gaming

Does your TV open up the world of console-less video gaming? Who needs a games console when you can access a wealth of video games in the Cloud straight from your TV. Access a huge array of games without the need to invest in a console, play alongside your favourite football stars and race against the best racing drivers directly through your TV.

*Free Samsung SmartThings Extend USB adapter available within 2016, additional purchase necessary to connect other appliances to the TV. Compatible controller required on most games.

Thanks not got that link.

How can they deny that????

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I think Curry's was referring to the clause,

*Subscription for Netflix and Amazon Instant Video required. Apps shown may not be available on all Samsung Smart TV products. The Samsung Smart TV platform is used by Content Providers to make apps available. Content Providers may remove apps from the Smart TV platform or stop supporting them at any time. When new Samsung Smart TV products are launched, there may be a delay before the apps shown become available on those products.

But the Smart Connect USB dongle is not an app so they can not use the above as a get out.

Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

wrote:

Ha, getting from bad to worse with my latest reply from Customer Service - 

"

Thank you for your e-mail addressed for the attention of our Chief Executive Officer Sebastian James.  As part of the Customer Support Team, your correspondence has been passed to me to investigate and respond.

I appreciate your frustration in this matter, and thank you for providing us with the details to review the registered previous communications.  In regard to the issue with Samsung not continuing with the production of the Extender, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  As this is a withdrawal of a third party service, I am afraid that this is outside of our reasonable control.

Having looked into the supporting information you have provided in your claim, it would appear that the only reference you have provided is a blog post, credited to the source of Samsung on the 17th March 2016.  Our website clearly states our conditions of sale, and our terms of responsibility for the withdrawal of third party services.  This said, as the product itself was not sold on the premise of the additional item being included, as per the box contents or description on the website from which you purchased the TV, it would not be applicable.  I have also checked the advertised contents included with the TV, which does not state the inclusion of the additional item.  This information was stated at the time of your online purchase to consider in full prior to conducting your purchase.  When making your choice, you agreed to the terms of sale, and have since had substantial use of the item.

Our Customer Service team have tried to resolve this situation as best they can, as we do value your custom, and understand your disappointment.  This said, you have stated that you declined the offer of goodwill, and made your intention clear to pursue this further through external means. With full consideration of the situation, I am sorry that we are unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.   

Yours sincerely,"

1. its not a "service", its a hardware function.

2. its not a service again and  its not a blog, its part of the currys website.

3. the extend was in a samsung beta, giving you full reason to believe it was coming out and as such an important function, you wanted to give a reasonable time for this to happen.

4. your website terms and conditions and secondary to UK law, which is quite clear on this matter

5. a third party looking into this case would be assessing what would be reasonable from a consumers perspective.

6. as such, our final option will be to have your claims tested in a court of law

at the very least this reply gives solid grounds for a complaint to citizens advice and with the direction of opening a case with trading standards. then onto the small claims court where Loyd can have this opinion verified, or not.

funny though that they are telling us all different things now.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

wrote:

wrote:

Ha, getting from bad to worse with my latest reply from Customer Service - 

"

Thank you for your e-mail addressed for the attention of our Chief Executive Officer Sebastian James.  As part of the Customer Support Team, your correspondence has been passed to me to investigate and respond.

I appreciate your frustration in this matter, and thank you for providing us with the details to review the registered previous communications.  In regard to the issue with Samsung not continuing with the production of the Extender, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  As this is a withdrawal of a third party service, I am afraid that this is outside of our reasonable control.

Having looked into the supporting information you have provided in your claim, it would appear that the only reference you have provided is a blog post, credited to the source of Samsung on the 17th March 2016.  Our website clearly states our conditions of sale, and our terms of responsibility for the withdrawal of third party services.  This said, as the product itself was not sold on the premise of the additional item being included, as per the box contents or description on the website from which you purchased the TV, it would not be applicable.  I have also checked the advertised contents included with the TV, which does not state the inclusion of the additional item.  This information was stated at the time of your online purchase to consider in full prior to conducting your purchase.  When making your choice, you agreed to the terms of sale, and have since had substantial use of the item.

Our Customer Service team have tried to resolve this situation as best they can, as we do value your custom, and understand your disappointment.  This said, you have stated that you declined the offer of goodwill, and made your intention clear to pursue this further through external means. With full consideration of the situation, I am sorry that we are unable to meet your expectations on this occasion.   

Yours sincerely,"

1. its not a "service", its a hardware function.

2. its not a service again and  its not a blog, its part of the currys website.

3. the extend was in a samsung beta, giving you full reason to believe it was coming out and as such an important function, you wanted to give a reasonable time for this to happen.

4. your website terms and conditions and secondary to UK law, which is quite clear on this matter

5. a third party looking into this case would be assessing what would be reasonable from a consumers perspective.

6. as such, our final option will be to have your claims tested in a court of law

at the very least this reply gives solid grounds for a complaint to citizens advice and with the direction of opening a case with trading standards. then onto the small claims court where Loyd can have this opinion verified, or not.

funny though that they are telling us all different things now.

They are using different answers because I think someone higher up the good chain is dealing with this.  It's simple they advertised it and all the rubbish about their t ands c do not overide consumer law.  

I think this looks like their stance until someone starts a section 75, or small claims process. I think that's when they will start talking sence.  

0 Likes
Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

Wasn't this to the Currys  CEO email?

My email from the CEO is very different.

I also contacted Samsung CEO and that's currently my waiting point as Currys said any old stuff.

CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

Had another reply, quickest I’ve ever had!!

Thank you for your further reply.

I have taken the opportunity to escalate the matter further in relation to the points you have raised. Over the weekend, as you can appreciate, not all of our team are available. With this in mind, should we be able to offer any further response, we will do so at the earliest possible opportunity.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to offering any further insight in the coming days.”

Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

currys, you gotta love them. saying that

"Our website clearly states"

when the whole complaint is wanting what their website clearly stated.