Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@ildeduuk wrote:

I have an update in the case:

 

"Hi ******, I have spoken with Head Office and located the team that deal with the Tech talk section, so please accept my apologies for the previous reply. As I have advised you previously the link you provided does not state that your specific television has the Smart Things included, again the article was printed in March 2016 and you didn't purchase the product until November 2016. The television has not been mis-sold. Please accept my apologies that we are unable to assist with your request on this occasion."

 

I think this is a first step and a good proof that I have been mis sold. I need to be patient but I think this can be useful. This is a confirmation from them that this is their website.

 

I find it actually strenthens your case when they admit the advert was online months before you bought your set. 


That's a biggy in that they now admit that it is their site. They could'nt have denied that for long.

 

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

Here is the relevant bit,

 

 

 

Bringing the smart home to the masses through the telly

Though it is becoming more established, smart home tech remains relatively niche. It’s still the kind of thing purchased by young, tech-savvy folk rather than your mum and dad.

However, Samsung hopes to bring the smart home to a much wider audience by building SmartThings into their new Smart TVs. And, because TVs are mass market it makes this technology easier to access for everyone.

 

How to use SmartThings on your TV

Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs have a built-in SmartThings hub, which is normally bought separately.

Your new TV will come with the SmartThings Extend, a small USB-like dongle that plugs into your TV. Once you’ve done this, switch on your TV and connect to Wi-Fi.

On the TV’s hub screen, you’ll see the SmartThings app alongside things like Netflix, YouTube and regular channels.

Highlight the app, and then select the option you want from the boxes that appear above. It’s really that easy to use.

 

So just copy and ask how they can not be advertising a free Smart Connect Dongle.

 

It looks like they are going to use the same tactics with every claim, but that does not matter because they know they do not have a defence if it goes to court.

Paul

Explorer
Thanks for your message Paul, I will use that info and see what happens and I will update with the result
Highlighted
Explorer

Copy of my post in the Blueplanet HLG thread:

 

Evening all,


So have just got back from Richer Sounds, I must say from day 1 with this purchase Richer Sounds have outdone themselves. I did not have a single push back, I sent one email requesting a refund, I was told I could bring it back and swap for the KS9000 equivalent of the 2017 range the Q8C. At this point I sent a second email politely asking if we could skip the fuss with section 75 and consumer rights act etc and come to an agreement of a replacement for a different brand. The store manager said he would check with RS HQ but did not foresee it being a problem.


An email this morning saying that was not a problem and please go into the store. I packed up my KS9000 in the original box and returned to their store. 20 minutes later I walked out with a 55" LG B7 OLED.


I asked if they had any other complaints regarding this issue of which they said yes their head office had heard similar before and that Samsung also pulled the same stunt with an 'evolution box' or something similar and it cost them then.


I urge all of you to fight for your refunds as much as possible and hope they do the right thing and side with their customers. Richer Sounds have my loyalty for life and I hope it will persuade you in future to avoid Currys like the plague! Best of luck gentlemen..

Explorer

This their answer. I think I don't have more options...

 

"Thank you for your response. 

 

I have reviewed the Techtalk web page that you supplied and understand your concerns as to the wording on the link you provided.  However the TV itself was not advertised as having the SmartThings Dongle and therefore we would not look towards the resolution of a refund or replacement TV in regards to your claim for mis-selling.

 

Should you wish to take this further I can supply a final written response and advise you how to refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider. However I do need to advise you that ADR is voluntary and it is not a procedure to which we subscribe. Therefore any ADR decision would not be binding.

 

I do understand that this is not the resolution that you are seeking, however I do trust that I have clarified the company’s position in this matter. "

 

Black Belt 

@ildeduuk wrote:

This their answer. I think I don't have more options...

 

"Thank you for your response. 

 

I have reviewed the Techtalk web page that you supplied and understand your concerns as to the wording on the link you provided.  However the TV itself was not advertised as having the SmartThings Dongle and therefore we would not look towards the resolution of a refund or replacement TV in regards to your claim for mis-selling.

 

Should you wish to take this further I can supply a final written response and advise you how to refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider. However I do need to advise you that ADR is voluntary and it is not a procedure to which we subscribe. Therefore any ADR decision would not be binding.

 

I do understand that this is not the resolution that you are seeking, however I do trust that I have clarified the company’s position in this matter. "

 


It's interesting they mention ADR and it may be worth looking at that as I believe that is free and when you win that it may shame them into doing the right thing. Also section 75 is also a strong option. Also quote this below and ask how can they say the TV was not advertised with the smart dongle,

 

How to use SmartThings on your TV

Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs have a built-in SmartThings hub, which is normally bought separately.

Your new TV will come with the SmartThings Extend, a small USB-like dongle that plugs into your TV. Once you’ve done this, switch on your TV and connect to Wi-Fi.

On the TV’s hub screen, you’ll see the SmartThings app alongside things like Netflix, YouTube and regular channels.

Highlight the app, and then select the option you want from the boxes that appear above. It's really that easy to use.

 

It is crystal clear. It says Samsungs SUHD TV's so ask them which models that paragraph covers, because I think the 2016 SUHD were the KS models. I have explained this to Citizens Advice and they believe that's enough to show misrepresentation. It is a bit like a game that they will try every excuse and you have to destroy each excuse.

If you have to go to court or start court proceedings then it's an option that you again can discuss with CAB, and tell them that Curry's mentioned the ADR. i have all ready reported Curry's to the Advertising Standards Authority for miss selling. Do not give and explore all avenues, they are fighting because they know that if they easily give replacements it will open the flood gates for KS owners.

Again don't give in,

Paul

Explorer

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated

Navigator

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated


we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

 

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

 

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

 

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

 

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

 

 

Black Belt 

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated


we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

 

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

 

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

 

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

 

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

 

 


I understand your thoughts on the solicitor but CAB have advised we have a case and with Richer Sounds holding their hands up I think strengthens the case. I think if necessary the money would be better spent on starting the county court because I believe they will not want to go their as they have no defence.

Paul

Explorer

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated


we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

 

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

 

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

 

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

 

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

 

 


Hi,

 

I don't know all the consumer rights we have. I'm new with this thing as I have never had any problem. 

 

What I can see now is the general opinion about Currys is true. Never buy with them again.

Navigator

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated


we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

 

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

 

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

 

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

 

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

 

 


I understand your thoughts on the solicitor but CAB have advised we have a case and with Richer Sounds holding their hands up I think strengthens the case. I think if necessary the money would be better spent on starting the county court because I believe they will not want to go their as they have no defence.

Paul


im thinking both! get the advice, try currys again, then proceed on if we wish.

 

but having solid information from an expert in the field might be enough to persuade currys we are serious, plus the group is more of a concern than us as indivduals.

 

 

Top Liked Authors