Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Helping Hand

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I am waiting for a response from Curry's with my last email, not sure if I am confident enough to take it all the way to the small claims court but will keep up the pressure to see if they relent.

 

At least I am making progress of sorts!


If they see thing or know you won't take it all the way they do not have any inventive to rectify this as per the regs. The problem we have is we can not enforce the regs, only the courts can. But and a big but, if the courts thing this is time wasting then you can claim for more damages. They have admitted misrepresentation the job is done, you have proved your case. Also before making any decisions always take advice from Citizens Advice, also with most solicitors you can get a free telephone consultation for further advice. Nearly there.

Paul.


I have already contacted citizens advice and pasted in the last response from curry's and asked them if it's a fair offer and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification television or a full refund.

 

If citizens advice say what curry's have offered is fair then i will drop the case as i don't want to have a significiantly worse tv


I assume you will reject the offer and keep your Samsung in this case? 

 

I've actually grown to hate my TV after all this, I no longer look at it and think it has a good picture. I've actually not used it for the past few days because I feel so angered with it all - not just the broken promises but because of the issues I've reported to them and forums for months such as the 'flickering issue' issue with the PS4 Pro and Sky Q, the dropped frames when watching certain broadcasted programs, the horrendus 'Smart Hub' which 99% of the time you have to force close an app after opening it because it doesn't load... all these things shouldn't exist on such an expensive TV and Samsung don't give a ***** because they've essentially taken my money and ran! 

 

If Currys can't offer anything for me, I think I will just sell it (or offer it to any well known YouTuber for free to smash it up on one of their vlogs so that the message goes out on how Samsung treat their customers!! I'd be out of pocket but at least millions of people would then see it haha)


I have already rejected their "offer" as it's simply not even in the same league as my KS7000 and yeah I would just keep my current tv and accept the samsung offer and get £150 back from curry's.

 

Also I agree I have had quite a few issues with my television when it comes to the not-so-smart hub and compared to LG's webos it's way worse and a pale imitation at best.

 

Worst case scenario for me, citizens advice come back and say due to the age of the tv etc it's a fair offer from curry's I will accept the above, and then buy a new tv and relegate the samsung to another room and forget about it!

Highlighted
Navigator

@daleski75 wrote:

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I am waiting for a response from Curry's with my last email, not sure if I am confident enough to take it all the way to the small claims court but will keep up the pressure to see if they relent.

 

At least I am making progress of sorts!


If they see thing or know you won't take it all the way they do not have any inventive to rectify this as per the regs. The problem we have is we can not enforce the regs, only the courts can. But and a big but, if the courts thing this is time wasting then you can claim for more damages. They have admitted misrepresentation the job is done, you have proved your case. Also before making any decisions always take advice from Citizens Advice, also with most solicitors you can get a free telephone consultation for further advice. Nearly there.

Paul.


I have already contacted citizens advice and pasted in the last response from curry's and asked them if it's a fair offer and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification television or a full refund.

 

If citizens advice say what curry's have offered is fair then i will drop the case as i don't want to have a significiantly worse tv


I assume you will reject the offer and keep your Samsung in this case? 

 

I've actually grown to hate my TV after all this, I no longer look at it and think it has a good picture. I've actually not used it for the past few days because I feel so angered with it all - not just the broken promises but because of the issues I've reported to them and forums for months such as the 'flickering issue' issue with the PS4 Pro and Sky Q, the dropped frames when watching certain broadcasted programs, the horrendus 'Smart Hub' which 99% of the time you have to force close an app after opening it because it doesn't load... all these things shouldn't exist on such an expensive TV and Samsung don't give a ***** because they've essentially taken my money and ran! 

 

If Currys can't offer anything for me, I think I will just sell it (or offer it to any well known YouTuber for free to smash it up on one of their vlogs so that the message goes out on how Samsung treat their customers!! I'd be out of pocket but at least millions of people would then see it haha)


I have already rejected their "offer" as it's simply not even in the same league as my KS7000 and yeah I would just keep my current tv and accept the samsung offer and get £150 back from curry's.

 

Also I agree I have had quite a few issues with my television when it comes to the not-so-smart hub and compared to LG's webos it's way worse and a pale imitation at best.

 

Worst case scenario for me, citizens advice come back and say due to the age of the tv etc it's a fair offer from curry's I will accept the above, and then buy a new tv and relegate the samsung to another room and forget about it!


I'll be doing the same I think as I really can't afford a court case etc. That's if they offer me money. It can go towards a 4k Bluray Player or something.

Helping Hand

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I am waiting for a response from Curry's with my last email, not sure if I am confident enough to take it all the way to the small claims court but will keep up the pressure to see if they relent.

 

At least I am making progress of sorts!


If they see thing or know you won't take it all the way they do not have any inventive to rectify this as per the regs. The problem we have is we can not enforce the regs, only the courts can. But and a big but, if the courts thing this is time wasting then you can claim for more damages. They have admitted misrepresentation the job is done, you have proved your case. Also before making any decisions always take advice from Citizens Advice, also with most solicitors you can get a free telephone consultation for further advice. Nearly there.

Paul.


I have already contacted citizens advice and pasted in the last response from curry's and asked them if it's a fair offer and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification television or a full refund.

 

If citizens advice say what curry's have offered is fair then i will drop the case as i don't want to have a significiantly worse tv


I assume you will reject the offer and keep your Samsung in this case? 

 

I've actually grown to hate my TV after all this, I no longer look at it and think it has a good picture. I've actually not used it for the past few days because I feel so angered with it all - not just the broken promises but because of the issues I've reported to them and forums for months such as the 'flickering issue' issue with the PS4 Pro and Sky Q, the dropped frames when watching certain broadcasted programs, the horrendus 'Smart Hub' which 99% of the time you have to force close an app after opening it because it doesn't load... all these things shouldn't exist on such an expensive TV and Samsung don't give a ***** because they've essentially taken my money and ran! 

 

If Currys can't offer anything for me, I think I will just sell it (or offer it to any well known YouTuber for free to smash it up on one of their vlogs so that the message goes out on how Samsung treat their customers!! I'd be out of pocket but at least millions of people would then see it haha)


I have already rejected their "offer" as it's simply not even in the same league as my KS7000 and yeah I would just keep my current tv and accept the samsung offer and get £150 back from curry's.

 

Also I agree I have had quite a few issues with my television when it comes to the not-so-smart hub and compared to LG's webos it's way worse and a pale imitation at best.

 

Worst case scenario for me, citizens advice come back and say due to the age of the tv etc it's a fair offer from curry's I will accept the above, and then buy a new tv and relegate the samsung to another room and forget about it!


I'll be doing the same I think as I really can't afford a court case etc. That's if they offer me money. It can go towards a 4k Bluray Player or something.


I am willing to accept an offer which does not involve a replacement tv but it has to be a good offer and so far their offers are far from good and pushing now for a full refund or failing that an offer which I will accept.

Helping Hand

Dear Mr *****,

Thank you for your reply.

As previously advised, we would not be in a position to provide a full refund of the TV, due to Samsung's withdrawal of a promissory service.

I understand that my colleague Johnjo has offered a voucher to the value of £549.00 to allow you to purchase an alternate unit. This offer was provided as a gesture of goodwill without prejudice, and as a full and final settlement to bring the issue to a close. I do understand that you have rejected this offer however, should you wish to reconsider, I would be happy to leave this offer open until the 25th of January 2018.
I understand that Samsung have provided a resolution to the issue, and have offered to provide you with a SmartThings Hub.

Whilst I appreciate your disappointment, I must reiterate that we would not provide you with a full refund, as we are not accountable for Samsung's decision not to release the Smart Things Dongle.

I await your response should you wish to accept our offer of goodwill.

Explorer

hi dont make any rushed decisions every retailer is watching this for their final position ,i have bought which magazine for a month and on monday will ring and get further specialist consumer legal advice ,its free with their subscription,though they rank all samsung tvs in the best buys.they have given you a week to get further advice.

Helping Hand

@barrybrown wrote:

hi dont make any rushed decisions every retailer is watching this for their final position ,i have bought which magazine for a month and on monday will ring and get further specialist consumer legal advice ,its free with their subscription,though they rank all samsung tvs in the best buys.they have given you a week to get further advice.


Going to speak to citizens advice bureau on monday and ask them a few questions, crux of it is.. is what curry's are offering fair? do I have a good case for the small claims court?

 

And just thought will also ask them if Curry's can deduct £900 due to age.

Navigator
the partial refund thing is acceptable when returning an item thats no longer working, although the actual figure they offer is usually utter rubbish. One company said that because an item had a two year warranty that it was only expected to last two years, so failing after one would be a 50% reduction. they said to challenge them in court if we didnt agree.

if that applies to mis-sold items, who knows and then £900 would be an insane amount to deduct.

I think they know full well we dont take them to court as that's the only place their figure could be disputed. although im sure the decision would be based on what would be deemed reasonable and two years for a decent TV would in my opinion not even be close to a reasonable expectation for a product to last.

we have the option to pool our funds to get some proper decent advice from a consumer law advisor, they might well take more notice of us as a group rather than individuals....

Black Belt 

@Ronson808 wrote:
the partial refund thing is acceptable when returning an item thats no longer working, although the actual figure they offer is usually utter rubbish. One company said that because an item had a two year warranty that it was only expected to last two years, so failing after one would be a 50% reduction. they said to challenge them in court if we didnt agree.

if that applies to mis-sold items, who knows and then £900 would be an insane amount to deduct.

I think they know full well we dont take them to court as that's the only place their figure could be disputed. although im sure the decision would be based on what would be deemed reasonable and two years for a decent TV would in my opinion not even be close to a reasonable expectation for a product to last.

we have the option to pool our funds to get some proper decent advice from a consumer law advisor, they might well take more notice of us as a group rather than individuals....


If you say on these forums you would never go to court then there is no chance of them doing the right thing. If you are going down this route you have to let the retailers know you will go all the way, if not then do not bother. They watch these forums and every time they see some one say they won't go to court what incentive is there for them to settle. They have admitted misrepresentation so there is no need to prove misrepresentation. It would just be to ask the court to get the retailers to obey the law. That's why I do not think they would actually go to court, but never say you would never go to court.

Paul 


Black Belt 

@Ronson808 wrote:
the partial refund thing is acceptable when returning an item thats no longer working, although the actual figure they offer is usually utter rubbish. One company said that because an item had a two year warranty that it was only expected to last two years, so failing after one would be a 50% reduction. they said to challenge them in court if we didnt agree.

if that applies to mis-sold items, who knows and then £900 would be an insane amount to deduct.

I think they know full well we dont take them to court as that's the only place their figure could be disputed. although im sure the decision would be based on what would be deemed reasonable and two years for a decent TV would in my opinion not even be close to a reasonable expectation for a product to last.

we have the option to pool our funds to get some proper decent advice from a consumer law advisor, they might well take more notice of us as a group rather than individuals....
If you challenge them in court I think you would win because they are being unreasonable. Just give Citizens Advice a call and ask them. Never believed what the retailers tell you, they have lied and tried to mislead to people on these forums. Last thing they want is court and they will make all sorts of reasons why you will not win, most untrue.

Read the Oct 2015 European Consumer regs. Use the Which claim link in these forums and don't let them get away with this blatant miss selling.

Paul 


Explorer

Sent off my email to Richer Sounds about refund via misrepresentation today. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Also bought on a credit card so will see if they play ball and if not go down the credit card section 75 route as well. Fingers crossed Richer Sounds they do the right thing first.

Shameful behaviour Samsung, sadly never again will I buy a flagship Samsung device. 

Top Liked Authors