Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Helping Hand

@rosscouk wrote:

Very interesting how this is going. Funnily enough, I got a reply from JL just after I posted my last response - It reads

Dear Mr *****, 

I am writing to you in regards to your Samsung UE49KS8000 Smart TV and the missing Smartthings Extend USB adapter. 

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this television being delivered without the necessary parts.

As the order is older we have requested the help of our buying office so that we can resolve any outstanding issues and get the parts required so that you can use your television to its full capacity. 

In order for us to do this, may I ask that you provide us with the serial number from your TV. Once we have this I have been advised to pass it along to our Buying Office who will deal directly with Samsung to get resolve your case. 

We ask that you contact us with this information at your earliest convenience. 

Yours sincerely,

Any thoughts on my reply? I assume there is no issue with sending the serial number. I wonder if I should remind them of anything at this point e.g. 6 year limit, not the manufacturers responsibilty but theirs, that I am seeking a refund for misselling. Anything else?

There is no issue sending your serial number and they will soon come back saying they cannot source the parts needed as they do not exist, then from there see what options they give you.

Navigator

Thanks for the reply daleski75.

Do you think I should take the opportunity to remind them of their responsibilties in this or hold back to see what they do first if I just send the serial number?

Black Belt 

@rosscouk wrote:

Very interesting how this is going. Funnily enough, I got a reply from JL just after I posted my last response - It reads

Dear Mr *****, 

I am writing to you in regards to your Samsung UE49KS8000 Smart TV and the missing Smartthings Extend USB adapter. 

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this television being delivered without the necessary parts.

As the order is older we have requested the help of our buying office so that we can resolve any outstanding issues and get the parts required so that you can use your television to its full capacity. 

In order for us to do this, may I ask that you provide us with the serial number from your TV. Once we have this I have been advised to pass it along to our Buying Office who will deal directly with Samsung to get resolve your case. 

We ask that you contact us with this information at your earliest convenience. 

Yours sincerely,

Any thoughts on my reply? I assume there is no issue with sending the serial number. I wonder if I should remind them of anything at this point e.g. 6 year limit, not the manufacturers responsibilty but theirs, that I am seeking a refund for misselling. Anything else?

Hi yes mention all those also on page 111 on blue planet hlg thread someone has been told they will be getting a refund and they said people could use the number so jl know what it's about. Also on here is the reply from Samsung saying they will not be supplying the smart connect. Curry's have agreed to replace a TV also, just still the issue of a refund as per the regs. 

Paul

Helping Hand

@rosscouk wrote:

Do you think I should take the opportunity to remind them of their responsibilties in this or hold back to see what they do first if I just send the serial number?

Personally speaking I would not say anything until you get a response let them make a decision and then get back to them if it's not what you want etc.

Black Belt 

@daleski75 wrote:

@rosscouk wrote:

Personally speaking I would not say anything until you get a response let them make a decision and then get back to them if it's not what you want etc.

What they do seem to do is drag things out if they can and will keep asking for more info. What ever you want to do apart from except an inferior offer is your choice.

Paul

Navigator

Thanks chaps - I will let you know how it goes.

Helping Hand

I am waiting for a response from Curry's with my last email, not sure if I am confident enough to take it all the way to the small claims court but will keep up the pressure to see if they relent.

At least I am making progress of sorts!

Black Belt 

@daleski75 wrote:

I am waiting for a response from Curry's with my last email, not sure if I am confident enough to take it all the way to the small claims court but will keep up the pressure to see if they relent.

If they see thing or know you won't take it all the way they do not have any inventive to rectify this as per the regs. The problem we have is we can not enforce the regs, only the courts can. But and a big but, if the courts thing this is time wasting then you can claim for more damages. They have admitted misrepresentation the job is done, you have proved your case. Also before making any decisions always take advice from Citizens Advice, also with most solicitors you can get a free telephone consultation for further advice. Nearly there.

Paul.

Helping Hand

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

If they see thing or know you won't take it all the way they do not have any inventive to rectify this as per the regs. The problem we have is we can not enforce the regs, only the courts can. But and a big but, if the courts thing this is time wasting then you can claim for more damages. They have admitted misrepresentation the job is done, you have proved your case. Also before making any decisions always take advice from Citizens Advice, also with most solicitors you can get a free telephone consultation for further advice. Nearly there.

Paul.

I have already contacted citizens advice and pasted in the last response from curry's and asked them if it's a fair offer and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification television or a full refund.

If citizens advice say what curry's have offered is fair then i will drop the case as i don't want to have a significiantly worse tv

Highlighted
Navigator

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Paul.

I have already contacted citizens advice and pasted in the last response from curry's and asked them if it's a fair offer and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification television or a full refund.

If citizens advice say what curry's have offered is fair then i will drop the case as i don't want to have a significiantly worse tv

I assume you will reject the offer and keep your Samsung in this case? 

I've actually grown to hate my TV after all this, I no longer look at it and think it has a good picture. I've actually not used it for the past few days because I feel so angered with it all - not just the broken promises but because of the issues I've reported to them and forums for months such as the 'flickering issue' issue with the PS4 Pro and Sky Q, the dropped frames when watching certain broadcasted programs, the horrendus 'Smart Hub' which 99% of the time you have to force close an app after opening it because it doesn't load... all these things shouldn't exist on such an expensive TV and Samsung don't give a ***** because they've essentially taken my money and ran! 

If Currys can't offer anything for me, I think I will just sell it (or offer it to any well known YouTuber for free to smash it up on one of their vlogs so that the message goes out on how Samsung treat their customers!! I'd be out of pocket but at least millions of people would then see it haha)

Top Liked Authors