How did you manage that? Assumed every JL Tech person would have known about the history of this issue.
2 weeks ago I sent an email to the customer services. No reply so called them, they advised I needed to speak to the technical team. Forwarded the email on, but no reply. Have them 14 days notice before filing with small claims court. No reply. So I decided to call the tech support directly. Lovely lady, I explained the issue, she went to speak to her manager and returned to say they will offer the refund or exchange. TV prices have all gone up this week so she gave me a reference number and told me to call back to the technical team when I have decided what I want
I phoned JL yesterday and I was told that JL dont cover the software on the tv and this isnt their problem. I have escalated this to head of customer service. I have a UE55KU6400
Was going to wait and see if it came back down by Tuesday when the Sky deal runs out. If not will get the Sony AG8 (and hope JL haven't had a change of heart), although they have now admitted liability to me, so will be a bit difficult for them to take that back
Well, TV doesn't have the smartthings integration which admittedly would be quite useful as we have a number of products that work with it. UI has become very laggy and no HLG support. So yes I can watch TV but not the way I was lead to believe . Suppose it's like buying a car with the promise of the radio being fit at a later date. Yes it still gets you from A to B but there is that bit missing
If I were you I'd take up that offer before they change their mind. You've been very lucky. Most haven't.
Took your advice, C9 doesn't seem to be coming down in price until after sky offer finishes, so have exchanged it for the 65 inch Sony AG8 (having to pay the £950 difference). All sorted over the online chat with JL, them crediting my account with £999 and arranging for the collection to be done on the same day as the delivery.
I went to the John Lewis technical team before, with no luck. Do you happen to have the phone number that you used?
Also, maybe a breif description of how much you had to explain before they gave you the refund?
Thanks so much.
Finally heard back to the financial ombudsman about my section 75 claim with First direct in-regards to my currys claim. In-writing they have rejected the claims, i used more or less all the materials available here to support my argument but they have rejected it....