Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

I would certainly try and if we can get a copy of the email from Curry's saying Samsung admit misrepresentation, then that could prove a powerful argument and you could also submit to court that Curry's now admit misrepresentation and are giving full refunds. 

Paul

Apprentice

There is no email from Currys confirming the misrepresentation.

it was said in phone calls and by the manager in store but not in writing.  Only place it says it is on the refund receipt.

Explorer

I got to the stage with John Lewis where I spoke to their head of legal who told me I had no case. I never submitted any documents or took the to court.

Do you think their stance might have changed now? Or is this a strictly curries decision?

Thanks,

AJ

Black Belt 

No harm asking them

Explorer

I spoke with their CEO team just now, and they said this isn't the case. 

Good on you if you got a full refund, I didn't have the patience ,after speaking to a solicitor on this, my options were limited, and was told if going into court, they may side that Currys have done all they can on this, and it is a good compromise the offer they have on the table. They did say I could persue it, it will depend on the judge.

I couldn't be bothered with this anymore, so took the £800 voucher, ended up getting a new TV from JL much better and cheaper. Never want to deal with Currys again. As for the £800 I'll probably sell it at a cost.

Highlighted
Navigator

I've just received an email from the Ombudsmen via my case against creation fiance via curry's.. As follows 

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your complaint.

Before we can look into this, we need some more information from you. Please can you send us the following:

• a complete and signed complaint form (attached) 

Once we have this information we’ll be able to progress your complaint further.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Heres hoping... 

Black Belt 

They are dragging it out, at least they haven't said no. 

Paul

Explorer

It's true...I submitted my claims agaes ago and have only heard from them once since. 

I followed last week and still not heard anything. Maybe they are overwhelmed with the same cases?

Black Belt 

May be time to take it the Financial Ombudsman. 

Explorer

Any one heard the Ombudsman? After the inital letter ackloedge my complaint i have not heard anything despite me emailing them a few weeks ago asking for an update

Top Liked Authors