Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Voyager

Do you think it will be their "last attempt"? 

Voyager
This was my response.

"I appreciate your offer but as you know from my previous email the Samsung Hub is not a suitable solution to what was promised. The 15% you are offering is not going to be anywhere near enough for me to buy a TV that has the promised functionality.
I do want the functionality that was promised to me at the time of the sale and that now requires a replacement television. If you can organise a suitable replacement TV please let me know."
Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

Do you think it will be their "last attempt"? 

I think it will be like JL a full refund

Voyager
When? They're running out of time.
Pathfinder

IF they make another offer or offers then the last one would be as close to the start of the hearing as possible, i.e outside in the waiting area, most likely.

Work on the premise that they are not going to meet your expectations of an offer and concentrate on what you are going to say in the hearing. If they do make a late offer that you're happy with then all well and good but your mindset should be on following through with the hearing.

Having been through it myself it's actually nowhere near as scary as the thought of it is. It's nothing like a traditional Court and is quite straightforward. It'll be just the parties and a District Judge in a room. If you can articulate the facts calmly and without emotion then that will be the best you can do. The DJ will assist with clarifying your argument and he/she knows the law and will help you, as they know Joe Public isn't expected to have formal legal training.

Voyager
Thanks for that. At the moment I'm not too worried about the hearing. It'll be an experience!
Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:
Thanks for that. At the moment I'm not too worried about the hearing. It'll be an experience!

I have been to one on another issue and it is more like a conference room,  rather than court and a lot more informal. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Any news on the court hearing or any new offers from curry's?

Voyager
Nothing yet.
Explorer

@Richierich99 wrote:

Any news on the court hearing or any new offers from curry's?

In mediation this week (prior step to small claims court) the most they were prepared to offer was the usual Samsung SmartThing hub, plus 15% of the cost price of the TV (initial offer 5%, then 10%, final offer 15%) and court costs.

Offer rejected so now awaiting court date.

Top Liked Authors