Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Navigator

@paul1277 wrote:

@Richierich99 wrote:

I've just received a letter from curry's creation stating they need more time for my section 75 claim as curry's still hasn't responded and it's now gone past 8weeks.

And In the letter it stated that I could inform the financial ombudsman if I wish!

So why are curry's not responding delaying!? 

Forget to say,  you should demand creation make a decision in your favor as Curry's have not responded within the time scale. Point out that if it was court and they did not respond you would win. Also point out that fo is normally used to appeal the decision of the financial company, and that is why they should make a decision. Also if they were to deny your claim it us up to them to pass on the claim to the fo. 

Should I just email creation ot write to them 

Navigator

I've just heard back from the  Financial Ombudsman and it's not good news. Below is a snippet from the ending summary.

Any news on the court case again currys.

Having looked at all the information above I can’t fairly say the TV was mis-represented and therefore don’t think you would’ve been induced to buy the TV because of information Curry’s had their website about this TV.
I also think the offer Curry’s has made is fair in this circumstance as if you choose the vouchers it will enable you to purchase a device, which would give you similar features to the dongle. If you want to return the TV then the offer for a partial refund is also fair, as you have had use of the TV without any issues.

Voyager
It's like the Ombudsman hasn't really understood the details of the case.

"had use of the TV without any issues." not true.

"don’t think you would’ve been induced to buy the TV because of information Curry’s had their website about this TV." not true.

My court case is a week on Friday.
Navigator
Yea I think I need to send another email to them, highlighting a few areas.

Wishing you all the best with your court case against currys, hope you get one over on them.
Explorer
When you wrote to them did it seem like their responses are in line with what you wrote? Or did they ignore bits?

I am about 2-3 weeks in to my claim with FO, still waiting to hear back from them
Explorer
If they try to settle out of court will you accept? I don't blame you if you do. I believe no one has actually gone to court against Curry's yet?...
Voyager
I've got a figure I would accept but they haven't come close to it yet.
Navigator

@dipesh44 wrote:
When you wrote to them did it seem like their responses are in line with what you wrote? Or did they ignore bits?

I am about 2-3 weeks in to my claim with FO, still waiting to hear back from them

They ingored bits and twisted bits to suit their point of view.

Highlighted
Voyager

With a week to go before the court date Currys have upped their offer.

"In a last attempt to try to resolve the issue, I wish to increase my offer of a 15% price reduction of your TV being £330. Again this would be in addition to your court and hearing fee. As previously indicated the Samsung Hub would also be provided free of cost."

I have declined.

Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

With a week to go before the court date Currys have upped their offer.

"In a last attempt to try to resolve the issue, I wish to increase my offer of a 15% price reduction of your TV being £330. Again this would be in addition to your court and hearing fee. As previously indicated the Samsung Hub would also be provided free of cost."

I have declined.

Thought they would. 

Top Liked Authors