Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund Results

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 10:26 PM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Might be useful for everyone using the KS refund thread to please let others know on this dedicated thread thanks.

103 REPLIES 103
Outcasst
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Posting to log my result from John Lewis.

They've offered a full refund for the return of the TV.

My overall process was: 

04/07/18 - Initial refund request e-mail.

06/07/18 - Called customer services to follow up after no reply.

09/07/18 - Called again after no result from previous call.

11/07/18 - Received e-mail denying that they are liable. Replied to appeal.

13/07/18 - Received e-mail explaining that their decision is fair and final. Replied with legal action intent.

20/07/18 - Received e-mail from customer relations manager. They are in talks with Samsung on how to proceed.

26/07/18 - Sent e-mail of legal intent once more and denied any future offer of the Smart Things free Hub.

31/07/18 - Received a phone call with two options, full refund and return or partial refund of £100 and keep the TV.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Hope they pay for return of TV. 

But great stuff. 

Paul

Outcasst
Explorer
Options

It's already arranged for Monday so I assume they're not going to charge me. I didn't tell them I had no box so I might get a funny look though.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Outcasst wrote:

It's already arranged for Monday so I assume they're not going to charge me. I didn't tell them I had no box so I might get a funny look though.

Great stuff and really pleased with your outcome.  If you get chance can you also broadcast this result on social media , Facebook twitter, and avforums in the ks owners thread. 

Thanks 

Paul

hawks
Journeyman
Options

Update on my John Lewis experience.

After numerous emails and phone calls to John Lewis I have today been offered a full refund for my Samsung KS7500 television today.  A chap from their CS team called me yesterday with the offer of either £100 credit and keeping the TV or a full refund.  They are coming to collect next week.

I was told a number of times by John Lewis by email and on the phone that I was not eligible for a refund as it was beyond their control Samsung did not release the dongle, the television functioned correctly apart from this etc.  I was also told I could have the Smart Things hub which i didn't accept.  I just continued wit the fact that they had advertised said feature which the TV did not provide.

The information on here has been extremely helpful so thank you to all.   Hopefully this shows John Lewis are softening their stance and others will be able to return their televisions for a full refund.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Another result,
Chips78 Apprentice
yesterday

It was CASE-09072922, I used the template email posted a few weeks ago

The response is below, I actually swapped it in Cambridge branch the post below says Cheadle as I forgot to change it in the template e-mail

"We're terribly sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Samsung television. Please feel free to return the item to our Cheadle branch. Please bring the receipt and the card you used to make the original purchase with you and they will be able to issue a full refund, without the receipt we would only be able to return the amount onto a gift card.

I will be forwarding this on to Cheadle as well so that they will be aware of the issues you've had and be able to simplify the refund process."
hawks
Journeyman
Options

@hawks wrote:

Update on my John Lewis experience.

After numerous emails and phone calls to John Lewis I have today been offered a full refund for my Samsung KS7500 television today.  A chap from their CS team called me yesterday with the offer of either £100 credit and keeping the TV or a full refund.  They are coming to collect next week.

I was told a number of times by John Lewis by email and on the phone that I was not eligible for a refund as it was beyond their control Samsung did not release the dongle, the television functioned correctly apart from this etc.  I was also told I could have the Smart Things hub which i didn't accept.  I just continued wit the fact that they had advertised said feature which the TV did not provide.

The information on here has been extremely helpful so thank you to all.   Hopefully this shows John Lewis are softening their stance and others will be able to return their televisions for a full refund.

Final update on my case.  John Lewis collected my KS7500 on Saturday 11 August and I received a full refund to my original payment card on Thursday 16 August.

Waynimus
Pioneer
Options

I've got a resolution at last in the form of a full refund. 

It's been just over a year now of issues, with countless emails and web chats between PRC Direct and Samsung. To PRC's credit they were always adamant on requiring an uplift number from Samsung, and ultimately this is how the resolution came about. This is despite Samsung previously claiming they don't give uplift numbers, and also with CAB dismissing it too. 

An uplift number probably wasn't really necessary, but it certainly has saved the hassle of being stuck with a dud or going down the small claims court route.

After 2x KS7500, 5x callouts/repairs and 2x Q7FNs as replacement - it's been an ordeal over the past year.

Samsung refused a further exchange and wanted to charge me for an inspection, despite my communicating with their engineer who said I should ask them for another exchange.

I shared this frustration with PRC Direct that I was facing with a brand new TV, and they were still insistent on the uplift number. At this point I was still in regular contact with Samsung's escalation team (getting nowhere), and just put to them the retailer's offer to resolve the issue, and low and behold Samsung got back to me with an uplift number.

I was quite shocked given the past year and communicating back and to, with this constantly being disregarded by Samsung.

Not sure what I'm going for next, but mays well wait it out now until Black Friday. It certainly will not be Samsung.

TheFifeFlyer
Student
Options

I got a full refund for my 65KS8000 from Richer Sounds after just 2 emails. I probably could have got it after one if I`d went straight to the point.

Thanks to all on here and on AVF for giving us the heads up and how to go about it.

Now have the Q7 and very happy with it.

Samsung QE65Q7FN 4k TV; Denon AVR-X4300H with Q Acoustics 7000i 5.1.2 with Elac Debut A4 upfiring heights ; Sky Q Silver 2TB; BT YouView UHD: Sony Playstation4 Pro
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Got a full refund from John Lewis 55 KS7000 purchased on 28/12/2016

Made one phone call - very bad customer service..

Using @billingham template and he emailed me some evidence to use, and within 24 hours (12:00OPM 30 08 2018) I was offered £100.00 off the TV or a Full Refund.

I was expecting a bit of a battle but JL just rolled over with the right email and evidence it seems..

Many thanks to those on here who gave advice or support. and GL everyone else currently going through this experience..

Looking to maybe get a B7 if it drops to £1k got a temp TV in the KS place until I can decide what to get.