Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund Results

(Topic created on: 10-07-2018 11:32 AM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Might be useful for everyone using the KS refund thread to please let others know on this dedicated thread thanks.

103 REPLIES 103
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

PG001 Apprentice
a week ago

Managed to sort a replacement with John Lewis, They offered me a refund or a replacement. So I went for the LG B7 replacement, being swapped over this week. Thanks to everyone on here for the advise on how to do this.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

sewarner Explorer
2 weeks ago

@paul1277 wrote:

@X3723 wrote:

Hi, I have been reading up on this forum as I could not find much information elsewhere and samsung support goes without saying. My question is to those who have contacted John Lewis, does it matter if i don't have the box for the TV in the refund or exchange if it is offered. Got it so long ago I think the box and packaging got recycled.

No, just tell them.

Paul

They took mine away yesterday without a box. The delivery people have blankets & bubble wrap.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

mrtickle Helping Hand
2 weeks ago

@Frazzler wrote:

I have my exchange arranged for tomorrow, they deliver a brand new 55” LG B7 which supports HLG & DV and take away my 49” KS8000 which doesn’t, all in a single visit scheduled within a 3hr window. I told them I didn’t have the Samsung box and they will bring one with them.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
mrtickle Helping Hand
2 weeks ago

@Frazzler wrote:

I have my exchange arranged for tomorrow, they deliver a brand new 55” LG B7 which supports HLG & DV and take away my 49” KS8000 which doesn’t, all in a single visit scheduled within a 3hr window. I told them I didn’t have the Samsung box and they will bring one with them.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
p_uk Explorer
2 weeks ago

@matlough wrote:

@nintendofan wrote:

I have also been tracking this forum for quite some time and after Jep got a refund from JL i decided to test the waters, and jsut shy of a week after i sent my first mail of 3, i got a call today to say i have been offered a refund or exchnage.

Only issue i have now is what to pick, the Q6F seems an equivenent QLED set with HRD Premium support however also a step down from the KS7500 in terms of some aspects (no moth eye filter) and the Q7F seems a better choice, but dont want to pay too much more right now, also not sure i want to give samsung my money any more.

But my news is that JL are starting to come around it seems, as the guy on the phone did say they have had a few of these cases.

I like JL as a shop so i hope they recop anything lost back from samsung, and i also wonder where our returned KS series TV's will end up... hopefully some outlet site to buy again, as i do love it.

Another great result! I've sent off email, received the standard ' Having reviewed your case, our after sales team are best placed to resolve this for you' . So I await their reply!

Have you considered OLED - LG B7??

Exact same response i got from them. You'll get a call within a few days asking about an exchange. The b7 knocks spots of the ks7000, pq and motion are far better. Only thing the ks was better at is brightness but that doesnt bother me at all, as the contrast is better on the b7. Only thing letting it down for me is the hdmi cec always switches my ps4 on when i select my avr as the input even though ive selected my laptop on the avr.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

mrtickle Helping Hand
2 weeks ago

@paul1277 wrote:

If you are looking at the Samsung don't go for the q6f as it is not a quantum dot. Q7f is an equal swap for you ks.

Paul
@paul1277 I want to also thank you as well, for starting this thread back in the winter and building the momentum. Had it not been for this thread and discussion, we would not have had the sequence of posts which culminated in @Ramos049 having the steadfastness to pursue his ADR case, and then sharing his winning ruling which I truly believe has been a catalyst.
It's a sad indictment on our country that it should need people to fight so hard for businesses to obey a simple and clear law. This would never have dragged out so long in Germany that's for sure! Hooray for the internet and the community spirit here. Samsung too could have pulled and deleted either thread at any time if they'd wanted to, so a teeny tiny bit of credit to them and the moderators too, who don't have an easy task.

I hope the majority of people don't get another Samsung as a replacement, though, as that would just be kicking the can down the road: in 2 years' time with the next development there will be the same cavalier attitude towards customers. We should all vote with our wallets to kick them in the goolies. My way will be to keep my promise made on the iPlayer thread months ago and buy a TV made by Samsung's mortal enemies LG.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Complexcomplex
Complexcomplex Apprentice
2 weeks ago

John Lewis customer services have agreed a full refund

This was done over the phone

I was very blunt and basic. "Product not described, I want full refund", when fobbed off with the "we will contact Samsung line", I said that's not my problem, refund pls.

Dun.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Waynimus Explorer
2 weeks ago

@paul1277 Thank you for suggesting that Samsung CEO email. I owe you a pint. Smiley Wink

After 10 months of banging my head against a brick wall trying to deal with PRC Direct, communicating with Citizen's Advice and looking at the stress of potetinallly going to small claims court. Your CEO suggestion has payed off and I feel I have got a good result.

I know this thread is mostly related around the lack of Smart Things on the KS, which I am sure helped my case, but I also assume that the number of home visits, repairs and constant communication back and to is what's prompted Samsung to pull through in the end.

I've also had some good input, in particular off @BAMozzy on Avforums, as well as several others here and their. I finally feel relieved and hope the new model will be fault-free. Thanks to everyone for your input, and in particular those who kept this thread thriving - it has proven to be a great resource.

While there was some resistance from Samsung, I couldn't honestly say they were trying to mislead me with lesser offers of TVs, it could just be the person I was emailing was not aware of the spec differences. Regardless, in this instance Samsung was understanding, helpful and considerate of my concerns, which is far more than I can say for PRC Direct. They just flat out ignored my letter that was suggested by CAB, as well as constantly being dismissive off all quotes and links regarding the consumer rights act.

Samsung originally offered the NU8500, then the Q6F and then the 2017 Q7C. In the end after showing the comparison on rtings between the KS7500 (US KS8500) and the Q7FN to show that these were a closer match, Samsung have agreed to exchange for the Q7FN.

I could not find any reviews or specs on the UK edge-lit Q8CN, but I believe given the curve and it presumably being similarly specced to the Q7FN, that this may have been a better match. However, after all the issues and the KS7500 being my first curved screen, I was concerned that they may just be more prone to defects, and so felt the safer option was to settle for the flat rather than continue pushing my luck.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options
billinghamn Apprentice
2 weeks ago

Wow - great result from John Lewis at Cheadle. New record I think!

So just had a call from a guy in the relevant department at Cheadle who has confirmed with his manager that I can take my KS9000 back to Cheadle for a full credit. Initially he suggested I could get a full refund on the basis it was clearly missold. I was only bothered about getting credit anyway to be honest. Towards the end of the conversation, he tweaked his response to say, "actually my manager approved a store credit".
Have asked for him to send me an email to confirm, and now I need to wait for my replacement to come in to stock.

Timeline:

Day 0 (Sun 24/06/2018) - Submitted email with misselling claim for the SmartThings Extend dongle.
Day 2 (Tue 26/06/2018) - Received email advising me to call the Cheadle Store. Expecting a call back from someone in the Dept.
Day 3 (Wed 27/06/2018) - Received call from Cheadle confirming I am entitled to a full refund in the form of a credit note.