Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund Results

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 09:31 AM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Might be useful for everyone using the KS refund thread to please let others know on this dedicated thread thanks.

103 REPLIES 103
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@markwpaterson wrote:
Hi, I'm currently in deadlock with Currys and now need to consider legal options. Any help would be great!

If you paid by credit card section 75 is easier and free.  If not small claims court. 

Paul

Brilliant, and finally Curry's cracks. Probably the Ombudsman put pressure on the finance company who did the same to Curry's. The hope is now Curry's will do the same for everyone customer. It may be helpful if you could get the ombudsmans decision, which they have to give when a complaint is made, and share with us, also do you have the Curry's response in writing that you can share once you refund is through. 

New we were in the right just took a while to get there, well done for your determination. 

As to your new telly it's a nice difficult choice😀. With the new HDMI 2.1 standard it may be worth looking at TV's with that. 

Also could you please share this result on the normal refunds thread, and anywhere else you can think, av forums. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CraigL1 wrote:

Hi

I have been fighting with Currys since last November and had reached the deadlock situation of the offer of £150 live with payment and getting the hub from Samsung which I refused.  I then took out a Section 75 claim against Creation Finance and that has still not had a decsion after over 20 weeks with them saying that Currys had not provided them with the requested information so they could not make a decision.  They advised I could take it to the Ombudsmen which I did two weeks ago at which point I also emailed Currys again stating it was disgusting that they were ignoring the requests for information and that it was now being referred to the Ombudsmen.

Within two days I had a letter from Dixons Carphone DCC customer experience team stating they were fully investigating my complaint again!  Then a phone call yesterday stating that they now had approval for me to return the TV for a full refund due to the original miss selling of the item.  Those were the words they used.

I have now had confirmation from them via email that once I return it they will refund the full amount paid on the credit agreement so far plus the £250 deposit paid at point of sale.

Now just the long and agonising decision over what TV to replace it with.

Brilliant, and finally Curry's cracks. Probably the Ombudsman put pressure on the finance company who did the same to Curry's. The hope is now Curry's will do the same for everyone customer. It may be helpful if you could get the ombudsmans decision, which they have to give when a complaint is made, and share with us, also do you have the Curry's response in writing that you can share once you refund is through. 

New we were in the right just took a while to get there, well done for your determination. 

As to your new telly it's a nice difficult choice😀. With the new HDMI 2.1 standard it may be worth looking at TV's with that. 

Also could you please share this result on the normal refunds thread, and anywhere else you can think, av forums. 

Paul

0 Likes
CraigL1
Journeyman
Options

It was the 55 KS8000 and I paid £1549 in Oct 16.  Looks like I will get about £1700 back due to interest paid on the credit agreement.  Happy days.

CraigL1
Journeyman
Options

Once I receive anything from the Ombudsmen I'll share it.  The email from Currys just confirms that I can return it for a full refund.  Doesn't say anything about why.

As for new TV I'm thinking of the Sony AF8 OLED as it appears to be very similar to the LG C8 or Panny but handles motion better for sports which is important to me for watching football.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CraigL1 wrote:

Once I receive anything from the Ombudsmen I'll share it.  The email from Currys just confirms that I can return it for a full refund.  Doesn't say anything about why.

As for new TV I'm thinking of the Sony AF8 OLED as it appears to be very similar to the LG C8 or Panny but handles motion better for sports which is important to me for watching football.

If they delivered it you can ask them to collect it free of charge. 

Paul

0 Likes
CraigL1
Journeyman
Options

I originally purchased in store and took it home myself.

CraigL1
Journeyman
Options

I returned my 55 KS8000 to Currys last night and was refunded the full amount.  Store manager confirmed the refund was due to a misrepresented sale and it says so on the receipt for the refund.

Just waiting on the money from the finance company to hit my bank account before making a final decision on a replacement.  Thinking it will be the 2018 Panaosonic 55 FZ or the 2019 55 GZ.

daz1701d
Student
Options
Result with Richer Sounds. One email to local store and one call with Customer Services and I had a return authorisation.

Next day, before they opened, after a demo of the sets I was  interested in with the store manager the KS7000 was swapped for an LG B8 plus the difference in cash.

Superb customer service again from Richer Sounds, both their HQ team and the local store. 
Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options

Hello. I have a ks9000 . what is the problem please ? How do I know if I have the problem ? What can I do?

Also is there a ks9000 forum...

Thanks.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Endlessproblem wrote:

Hello. I have a ks9000 . what is the problem please ? How do I know if I have the problem ? What can I do?

Also is there a ks9000 forum...

Thanks.

It was the misrepresentation by the the main retailers.

Every thing is in this thread,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123