Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Invalid Mac address

(Topic created on: 23-02-2017 04:52 PM)
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Our TV (UE40J6300) has lost it's wireless connection to our home network. When trying to reconnect it I'm getting the following message: 

"Invalid MAC Address, call Samsung support" 

Have tried the TV reset function but no luck. All our other devices, phones, laptops etc connect without a problem. 

Our TV is only just over a year old. I have seen posts on other forums about this problem with Samsung TV's. 

Any help / suggestions on how this can be fixed without the need for calling out an engineer would be appreciated.

79 REPLIES 79
AntS
Options
0 Likes
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntS

Thanks for the link but the menu screens shown are different to what I get on our TV. However following the same basic procedure I can only get as far as trying to select a wireless network. It goes through the motions of searching for available networks, doesn't find/list any and goes back to the screen with the option to choose wired or wireless networks. After I put my original post up we found that the TV had regained the Mac address and was connecting to our network. This lasted until today when it's lost it again and the Invalid Mac address message is back. Looks like this could be an intermittent fault??? Once again we know the network is fine as all other devices connect to it without a problem. Any other suggestions??

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. What's the software version you've got on it? Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Solution
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntsS

Well guess what, as I was looking for the software version I noticed that the Wireless Mac Address details were filled in again. So checked I could access the Internet and success. But for how long!!!!

Anyway the software version is T-HKMFDEUC-1480.4 and the Wireless Mac Address (while it lasts) is 78:bd:bc:5b:32:b7 

Look forward to your reply.

AntS
Options

Thanks!  You're all up to date with the software there.

And spooky. Have you tried resetting the router to see if that gets you a more stable connection on the TV?

0 Likes
Binghamton
Apprentice
Options

Ants. I have the same problem on my 8000 series 65 inch no valid Mac address for wireless networks. 

Version t-jzmakuc-1203.6,bt-s

svache
Apprentice
Options

Sad to say, but I too have this issue all of a sudden tonight with my 65ks8500. The MAC shows just all zeroes and there's no connection possible.

For a few days I have had issues with my smart remote disconnecting, not responding (tried everything, change batteries, pairing etc, only thing that works until it finally pairs again, is the on-off button), and now this. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Binghamton and @svache.

Any joy with manually setting the DNS settings?

Manual_DNS.JPG

0 Likes
svache
Apprentice
Options

Hey @AntS, 

I'm not sure exactly what happened, it's back normal again this morning.

I do find it odd though, all wifi settings including the MAC address were all zeroes, and while I can understand the other settings (such as DNS or IP) to change, the MAC shouldn't just change. 

Anyways, it's back to normal for now. Oddly enough, the smart remote is also back to normal at the same time, which makes me wonder if the two are related somehow (the remote refused to pair back to the tv last night).