Support

Open search

Intermittent audio cutting out with optical (toslink) The Frame 2019 49"

Highlighted
Apprentice

it is interesting that televisions without One connect box doesnt have this problem. We had Samsung F8000 with ND8006 (optical) without problem. Also for about a week with qe65q90T (without One connect box) also without problem

Highlighted
First Poster

It seems like an issue with the one connect box. I've had my amp connected to another older Sony TV with Toslink cable without any issues.

I highly doubt that Samsung will admit that the issue is on their side, and hence probably not fix it. Hopefully Quad can help with an update.

This is my first, and probably last, Samsung TV. Only bought this because GF really likes the Frame design, but this bad optical output is just not acceptable for me.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes, Frame design has high WAF 😀

Highlighted
First Poster

Hey Kikimora, I have Qled 55q85ra, so with OneConect box + Marantz ND8006, same issue as everyone else here. It may be Samsung's poor digital out, however these mid and higher end DACs should be able to handle it, as I can't really see how  others work fine, e.g. Denon RCD-N10 and cheap Fiio Taishan D03K, and ESS DAC devices don't.... No answers from Marantz on Facebook as well...

Highlighted
First Poster

I got in touch with Quad, and after a few e-mails they sent me a firmware update for my amp - The update should give me the possiblity to change my Optical 2 port from 'Normal' to 'Wide', which should result in better jitter rejection. 

Instructions from Quad regarding how to change the setting: 

"To change the setting press and hold OPT2 for 5 sec , then LED should flash once for (Normal -> Wide)
and LED should flash twice for (Wide -> Normal)."

Ill try this fix as soon as possible, and get back with an update. 

Fingers crossed

Highlighted
First Poster

Let us know how that works for you. On my Marantz ND8006, with latest firmware, the audio range from Low to Medium or Wide does not make any difference with the Optical source from Samsung Qled One Connect box.

Top Liked Authors