Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improper image scaling (zooms in) while using streaming services

(Topic created on: 19-04-2020 03:27 AM)
Matt39
First Poster
Options

TV: Samsung Model:UN32H6350AFXZA

On both Netflix and Prime Video, the image first properly fits the screen when starting a program.  After a few seconds, the image scales and appears to zoom in to show just a small section of the overall image.

I tried going to menu to adjust the picture size, but "picture size" is greyed out in the menu.  When watching off-air-antenna TV, picture size can be adjusted this way, but not while watching streaming content.

I tried Software Update (Current version 2210) but get the message "there are no new updates"

I've also tried a number of little work-around tactics but nothing seems to work. This happens 90% of the time I try to stream anything.

Is there a solution?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Matt39: Are you using the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps on the TV itself, or via an external device? Can you try closing the apps, then going to Menu > Picture > Picture Size > Picture Size, to see if the option is available to you? If it is, check to see if Zoom1 or Zoom2 is active, and disable these options where appropriate. I'd also recommend checking the Netflix settings to see if there are any picture settings, such as auto fit, which might help here.
0 Likes
vgs1895
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my five year old Samsung. The only thing that works is for me to unplug the TV and then plug it back in again. Because of this issue (I’ve seen many people ask the same question) I will not buy another Samsung.

Andy967
Apprentice
Options

Very similar issue with my new OLED 65S95B TV: when watching movie in Prime Video streaming app I can't zoom to get rid of upper and bottom black bars (letterbox) as custom dimension is disabled in image settings... this bother me mainly for long-term burn-in potential issues... In my old LG led smartTV this was an easy setting to play so I assume this is a lack in Samsung firmware... Is there some update or any tricks to solve this shortcomig?

0 Likes