Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ITV Hub App on 55” KS7000

(Topic created on: 19-01-2017 05:52 PM)
Stoneysnapper
First Poster
Options

When I try the ITV Hub on the above TV i get this display instead of the correct one, its basically unuseable. Tried everything I can think i have, ar at I think I have. Surely this isnt the correct display for ITV Hub. I have it on my BT box and it looks nothing like that. 

IMG_5047.JPG

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a solution?

Regards.

IMG_5047.JPG

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
AntS
Options

@Galaxy1 It should give you the full software version number on the TV in Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. Those digits on the end are the best instant indicator of which software version for a particular model it is though.

Did you update using the USB after you posted this?

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options

Hi 

I did not realise that as I have never used that section so thanks for the information. I did not update from my USB and looking at the software listed as you suggested is 1160.6 is this the latest? and although my sound issue has improved it still does drop out sometimes on turning on (much to my wife's annoyance!) and swapping inputs and going back to orginal HDMI seems the only way to correct it. 

Thanks for your help on this and any suggestions on sound would be appreciated.

Regards D

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No trouble at all, @Galaxy1. 1160.6 is the latest.

Have you got the sound going through the TV's speakers or external ones (like a Soundbar for example)? 

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options

Hi

No I am not using any external speakers it just has no sound from switch on via the HDMI for Sky+HD  if I switch to Netflix sound is fine then switch back to HDMI (1) and sound now ok? I wonder could it be a handshake problem due to HDMI cable?  I had no problems with this on my previous TV ( UE49D8000) using same equipment.

Regards D 

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options
Hi Ants
The sound problem was resolved by changing the HDMI Cable but I still have no Sky picture on TV on switch on (Sky box is on and was the last used connection) until I select home and then the Sky HDMI Connection on remote again a frustrating niggle!
Regards D
0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options
Yes
0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

If you're not already, we recommend using a HDMI 2.0 cable with your Sky Box, and connecting this to HDMI 1 (STB) on the TV.

Please also ensure that you have HDMI UHD Color activated in the picture settings menu: Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDMI UHD Color. Be sure to disconnect the HDMI cable when activating this setting, re-connect the cable once activated.

0 Likes