Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ITV Hub App on 55” KS7000

(Topic created on: 16-01-2017 01:21 PM)
Stoneysnapper
First Poster
Options

When I try the ITV Hub on the above TV i get this display instead of the correct one, its basically unuseable. Tried everything I can think i have, ar at I think I have. Surely this isnt the correct display for ITV Hub. I have it on my BT box and it looks nothing like that. 

IMG_5047.JPG

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a solution?

Regards.

IMG_5047.JPG

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options
I have same problem with my new KS8000 and my friend has same with KS9000 obviously a software issue that needs to be resolved
0 Likes
Stoneysnapper
First Poster
Options

@Galaxy1 wrote:
I have same problem with my new KS8000 and my friend has same with KS9000 obviously a software issue that needs to be resolved

Yep it's completely unusable. Glad to know I'm not alone. 

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options

That's it exactly hope Samsung gets a fix soon

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all.

New software update T-JZMDEUC-1160.6 released today addresses the ITV Hub issue. 

@Stoneysnapper Update for your TV will be here. Can you update your TV and get back to us with the result?

@Galaxy1 Should be available in your model's product page Support section too. What size screens do you and your friend have? 

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options

Hi 

My product is UE49KS8000 and will check out the downloads later. My friends is a curved screen not sure of model but will check it out.

Thanks for help let's hope it works...

0 Likes
Stoneysnapper
First Poster
Options

I've tried to run the update software function on the tv and it thinks it's running the latest, 1154. Can I update by putting the file onto a USB stick and putting it into the one connect box? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

It's not available over the network yet @Stoneysnapper, so it would need to be done through a USB download for now. Unsure if you've followed it, but there's a general guide for updating K Range TVs by USB here.

0 Likes
Stoneysnapper
First Poster
Options

I've just downloaded and installed it and it is working perfectly, thanks for sorting so quickly. 

Regards,

Brian

0 Likes
Galaxy1
Explorer
Options

Hi

I had downloaded the update on to a USB ready to try this morning and thought before I tried it I would check that the ITV hub is still not working and surprised to find that the hub is now there in all its glory without me doing the update. So I assumed the software must have been transferred last night? On checking the software number on the TV surprised to find that has not changed it's still 1154? I assume there are some additional numbers we do not see? But this does bring me to a few questions.

1. Why not show the full software numbers

2. The biggest bug bear (no pun intended) why do Samsung never tell you what the software/Firmware update is going to do? How are your customers ever going to give meaningful feedback when they don't know what the update does?

Anyway whatever the update did it seems to have fixed the ITV hub issue and also so far my other problem of no sound on Sky/HDMI  when you first turn the TV on.

Many thanks for your help. Regards D

0 Likes