Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV working on wireless, not on wired?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 12:11 AM)
Fred6363
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

When I try to use IPTV on my Samsung TV, it does connect correctly to my network thru wireless connection but not thru a wired connection.

Everything else (you tube, netflix...) is working just fine either thru wireless or wired but just IPTV is only working if I set up wireless. Of course, the wireless speed is not so great so I would prefer to use my wired connection since it is faster and would freeze less.

If anyone has some tips on how to solve this issue ?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Fred6363 

When trying to view the app through a wired connection, are you getting any kind of an error message, or could you describe exactly what happens?

0 Likes
Fred6363
Apprentice
Options

Hello Chris,

I use Smart STB app and when I open an IPTV channel (when using wifi), there is a small latency (mabye 5/20 sec) with a black screen and then the channel appears. If I switch to a wired connection, it is the same except that there is only the black screen and the channel just never appears. Rarely, there are 1 or 2 channels launching (wired connect) but it is 2 out of 100 if I am lucky.

No error message, nothing special.  

This situation only occurs when IPTV and I have been testing different operators .

Thanks

0 Likes
drtolga
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same Problem. In my Samsung UE65MU9000 TV everything including Netflix, YouTube, Spotify etc works fine with cable Connection except IPTV. However IPTV works only with Wi-Fi connection. I am using duplex iptv app in the offical Samsung store.  My friend uses the same internet company, same app and a newer model of Samsung tv. There is no problem in his cable connection.  This is so annoying. I ve called Samsung support in my country and they said that this is not an issue related with the TV. I ve tried all the possible solutions according to my knowladge. However couldn't solve the problem. I need your help.

Thank you 

0 Likes
ReTol
First Poster
Options

I have also exactly same problem, S95B 

0 Likes