Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not play ANY videos on my TV.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2019 10:58 PM)
xBiagi
First Poster
Options

Hello, I recently aquired a Samsung UN32M530DAF.  As the title states I am unable to play ANY videos locally or through the internet. I have tried Smart Hub reset and Setting reset to no avail.

When trying to play from my hard drive plugged into the TV and my Plex server. I get a feature unsupported message. When trying to play a video on any app Netflix,Plex, Spectrum,Youtube and so on all present error codes. Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @xBiagi.

Is the software on your TV up to date? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

0 Likes
Gooner92
First Poster
Options

Hi my TV has done the same and it says the software is up to date it wont play any form of video 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gooner92    updates are often available firstly via USB  prior to OTA.  You have not mentioned specific TV  but the latest firmware  will be available to download via the Samsung Support page, just enter your model no.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Have you already tried resets and are there any connection issues otherwise?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Adamboston
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I can't get any videos to play in any of the apps.

i got a Roku instead. This would never happen on a Roku.

Dev99
First Poster
Options

Hello! I was having this same issue and after trying literally everything to fix it. I finally gave up and just unplugged my tv from the wall and plugged it back in and boom it started playing video again!

Trickedout47
First Poster
Options

Come on Samsung get your ***** together. I cant use the update feature on my TV nor can I watch videos via the internet. If you guys are so great then pit your money where your mouths are and fix these issues.

0 Likes
DJ42
First Poster
Options

Have a 2014 samsung led32, can't play web videos without an app but can't download apps??????????

REALLY, do I need a newer tv? Trying to use app tv assist and have tried others but this is only one that can access the tv?

Thanks

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DJ42  Would help if you specified  your precise model?   Anyway have you checked you have the latest firmware on Samsung Support.    https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/   If so  options are to try a Smart Hub and/or Factory reset. See more here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-samsung-tv/ 

If still issues You could also Reset Network Connection, Reset Router by unplugging at mains.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SqueezeMOff
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung55 and same issue. Suddenly none of my apps will play videos..Netflix, Prime, HBO...I have reset Smart Apps. I factory reset the TV. Reset the Network settings. Tried the unplug and left off 10min....nada. Called Samsung and the snooty girl said it was my apps and its not, in the sense its the TV somehow affecting the apps. Its on automatic update...not sure when the last update was but its on version 1243. Other Samsung TV fine. Had to add my accounts and the work on so I know its not my home router or internet wifi nor wired.  

0 Likes