Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe Firmware update 1270.3 has disabled WiFi connectivity for my TV

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 06:21 AM)
Rovient
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, my UN55MU8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) decided it would not connect to my WiFi network. It could FIND the network perfectly OK, but not connect. Rebooted everything; router, TV, all other WiFi devices and nothing seems to work. Only now do I read that Samsung has in the past disabled wifi on some of their TV models to avoid security flaws or similar. 

Is this even possible/likely? Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rovient wrote:

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, my UN55MU8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) decided it would not connect to my WiFi network. It could FIND the network perfectly OK, but not connect. Rebooted everything; router, TV, all other WiFi devices and nothing seems to work. Only now do I read that Samsung has in the past disabled wifi on some of their TV models to avoid security flaws or similar. 

Is this even possible/likely? Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi @Rovient , think unlikely samsung would  have disabled wifi on a 2017 set.  I actually have the same firmware on a 2017 model and no issue, though some customers do experience wifi  issues.    Have you tried switching off   Tv off at mains for 5 minutes., rather than simply resetting via the Remote Control.  Can you change the Wifi Channel or split the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies to see if that makes a difference?   Can see more here https://www.maketecheasier.com/24ghz-5ghz-band-steering/  If  so or if still issues  a possible fix is to change the DNS settings from Automatic to Manual.   Network Status- IP Settings - DNS Settings- Select Manual and enter  8.8.8.8  or 8.8.4.4   (the Google ones)   If does not fix alternative    Open DNS settings to try are   208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

You could connecting via your mobile with a hotspot if still issues, if can connect unlikely to be problem with Tv.   However it is possible there is an issue with the Tv Board.    

A few threads with customer experiences and could have a look here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-wifi-and/td-p...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes