Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hulu not opening from Smart Hub tray

(Topic created on: 30-12-2019 03:44 AM)
Cg94
First Poster
Options

Netflix and Prime Video (and other apps) are opening fine from the Smarthub tray (displayed after hitting the home button), but Hulu and HBO Now does not.  However, when I go to the Apps button in the tray, then I go to MyApps, when I select Hulu and HBO Now they do open.  I have ensured the software is up to date (I have it done automatically), and then have reset the Smarthub to factory defaults.  No change.  Any ideas? This is new, these apps all used to open from the links in the Smarthub tray.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Cg94 

Could we take the full model code and software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
rlb2phx
First Poster
Options

Today my Hulu app also does not open as well as a few other apps- Crackle, Vimeo etc.

And when I try to open the App icon, it goes to a blank screen. But my Netflix, Amazon & YouTube are fine.

What gives?

0 Likes
Jezrah
First Poster
Options

I had the same situation where Netflix and Amazon Prime opened fine, but first Hulu, then Disney+ as well as some other apps like YouTube and Spotify would not open.  Also had trouble with opening other things like the apps page.  

Wasted time resetting the smarthub (which only meant I later had to waste even more time logging back into apps afterwards).  Also reset the router.  Nothing.

Finally I found the fix.  Just need to do a "cold boot."  Turning the set off and then back on does no good.  Press and hold the power button on the remote.  The tv will turn off and after five seconds or so (remember to keep pressing the power button) will turn back on.  Or you can uplug the set for 30+ seconds and then plug it back in.  After that, everything was fine.  Super easy once you know the fix.

Steve585
First Poster
Options

One of the first problems is Samsung tvs are garbage. My 200$ 6 year old Sharp tv runs better then 1000$ Samsung. Their smart tv interface and wireless is absolute trash. 

Xeibriel
Apprentice
Options

This worked. Bless you

0 Likes