Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable cookies on UA32N4300AKXXT

(Topic created on: 17-12-2019 03:00 PM)
AaronBKK
Apprentice
Options

Hello, 

How can I enable cookies on Samsung UA32N4300AKXXT? 

A quick Google search showed that there should be an option in the browser settings, but there isn't. 

Edit: reason for my question: there are some official apps which require enabled cookies to store bookmarks. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@AaronBKK: I can't see anything the user manual regarding enabling/disabling cookies on this model. Applications downloaded via the App Store in Smart Hub shouldn't require any browser settings to be changed on the TV - which apps in particular are you having trouble with?
0 Likes
AaronBKK
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The app in question is the "radioplayer" app. Whenever I restart the app the favorite section gets messed up. About 80 percent of my bookmarked channels gets replaced with channels I never added to the favorite section before. I have asked the developers of the app about this and they told me that I have to enable cookies to prevent this to happen. 

"Ok Aaron, this is a tricky one. In order to store favourites cookies need to be enabled on your TV. To do this: aunch the web browser.
Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper right).
From the All tab, tap Settings.
Tap Privacy & security.
Tap Accept cookies to enable or disable. Enabled when a check mark is present."

AndrewL
Options
@AaronBBK: It doesn't appear to be possible to manually enable or disable cookies on the TV's browser. I can see an option in Privacy and Security to Delete Browsing Data, which includes cookies, so this suggests that the TV stores them automatically. Apologies for any inconvenience this my cause you.