Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2018 12:17 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

JunkJunk

As you can see the above apps won't allow me to delete them.

We have strong views about some of these apps and i don't want our family to have to deal with them on our new expensive smart tv.

We wish to delete them all. Specifically the pay for view cinema apps.

Failing that we need to stop the pay for view cinema app from endlessly  playing when you select live tv.

Not everything it shows is to our liking and it's a temptation to make purchases for the family and leads to arguments.  Its eye candy infront of babies.  Seriously wtf samsung.

When I choose live tv I don't want it to default to these junk channels.

Can anyone help us block the automatic viewing or delete them entirely  ?

We certainly didn't pay less for the tv to put up with advertising in our living room which we don't accept on our other devices.

Ps here's a link of samsung claiming all apps can be removed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgnvolFT24

65 REPLIES 65
Letsfixthis
Journeyman
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/smart-hub-delete-apps/

This page explains that some samsung tvs are like , "a bad store which controls everything and forces users to make purchases they don't want and didn't ask for...".

If this is true this is truly disgusting that we're being forced to have apps which we don't allow or want on our family pc or phones or tablets.

So my question would be if we are unable to delete this junk how can we prevent it from streaming on the default hub ???

These aren't Disney cartoons but adult films which are expensive....but they're playing non stop to our family.

Try this to be able to chose what is playing on startup (because you can't delete or block some of the default bloatware and deleting channels just reduces the mess but doesn't seem to solve it) ...

Press home and go to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App and setting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YOU WELL.

...and Samsung please calm down the bloatware defaulting to ON, and preventing deletion.

0 Likes
Letsfixthis
Journeyman
Options

Here is how I stopped it autoplaying unwanted channel on startup. Told the tv to open the last used app instead . It was already set to do this but somehow it forgot....

Here is how:

Try this . Press home andand to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App setting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YYO WELL.

...and Samsung please calm down the bloatware defaulting to ON, and preventing deletion.

0 Likes
Letsfixthis
Journeyman
Options

I just had this new issue on my two year old tv . 

Try this 

.. probably with internet on again...n i P home and go to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App andasetting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YYO WELL.

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
See that's a broken solution but I can't even be bothered to try as I've long since unplugged my internet from my tv. That's the only real.way to kill this insidious samsung deal which we weren't involved in and should never be in a full.price tv.

That's the real issue. Samsung covertly doing deals with companies to have hard wired adds and apps to make money on top of the couple of thousand we already paid. And it's not like if we pay these hard wired they go away as they won't. They're there for ever. Fudge samsung for this shady junk. It's so sneaky and anti consumer and why they were fined last year and half their management is in and out of prison.

If they wanted to respect their customers they would say this tv is cheaper if you agree to have adverts and apps you can't remove. I'd say no but atleast I'd have the choice. The alternative is disgusting.
Letsfixthis
Journeyman
Options

Turns the it my solution did no completely work ... Yesterday my tv was turning itself on again and turning on to TV plus automatically again .

Now I will have to call support .

seand
First Poster
Options

disconect your tv from the internet, then change the password on your router this will stop your tv from haking into your wifi and doing its own thing without your permision

0 Likes
Mabolsa_Ritchie
Apprentice
Options

"Unfortunately you cannot roll back firmware,."

This is simply not true. It is perfectly possible and safe to change firmware to either a new version, or an older version. If there was an older version which got rid of some of the junk on my Samsung TV, I'd DEFINITELY install that firmware. Where can we source firmware for our samsung TVs?

"resets can sometimes sort certain issues"

This is not an issue which a reset can sort. Resetting the TV brings it back to the same state, with the ***** we dont want, but we will now need to set everything else up again. It acheives nothing other than forcing the owner to customise their settings again, but still with the junk we still don't want!!!

I am sick of this s"!t samsung feels free to install on the TV I bought. I paid for it, NOT samsung. It was NOT a free giveaway with conditions attached. Neither was it a rental agreement. I bought it outright. I own it, and I should be able to do whatever I want with it!!

There should be no apps on MY TV which I cannot remove if I don't want them. There is NO excuse for this!!! I am also looking for a way to delete the persistant apps on my TV. Whenever I switch it on, I am confronted by trailers for movies I have no interest in. Of course I can and do change the source and it stops, but I shouldn't have to do this each and every time I switch my TV on!! The main culprits are Rakuten TV and TV Plus. I DON'T WANT THEM AT ALL!! I want them removed from MY TV!!

Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options
Exactly.

I've had to turnoff and unplug my smart tv because it's too smart but not on my behalf.

Every day I have more and more issues as the updates slow my tv down and make it less responsive.

When I bought it as you'd expect it did what I wanted asked and at speed but luke my Apple tablet and samsung phone due to updates they barely work.

This wouldn't be such a bitter pill to swallow if we weren't talking about over 4k for my phone and tv combo.

And now it doesn't do 50% of the time what I want.

My t.v. won't do Bluetooth any more and has no headphone jack so real fun trying to use headphones .

The smart view feature now is an app which barely works! And to make it work you have to trick the tv by turning it off and on at the exact time you're pressing the search for tv on the phone!!! This is insane!!!

When it works it's perfect but it's more and more a when. But even when it works don't expect that app to have basic features like subtitles or audio sync options.

It's all a mess and I want to know what samsung thinks it's doing !?!?

And on top of this...they put adverts on my t.v. and paid hard wired apps!

Never ever have I had so many issues with a tv but then I'd have repent 2k plus on a tv before so clearly pay more for more problems.

Letsfixthis
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE:

you can do the same - I am writing a letter of complaint to samsung. in Switzerland - this is the link I found form a button atthe bottom of their support page https://www.samsung.com/ch_fr/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/ 

the issue returned in a slighty mutated way. TV Plus somehow added the deleted channels back. and kept playing them loudly on startup, and overriding my settings to "start on last used app" (e.g. startup on netflix instead of tv channels) .

Fast forward to today. I tried deleting all the channels as per the sasumg website help guide (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061521/ )

So I deleted thr Tvplus channels again. ti warned me I would be deleting the app if I deleted all channels. Cool. So now TV plus seems to be invisible again, but not quite deleted.

I am writing a letter of complaint to samsung. in Switzerland - this is the link I found form a button atthe bottom of their support page https://www.samsung.com/ch_fr/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/ 

and what does the problem look like  now? On startup, I (still) get a TV plus channel playing anyway (channel 5007) and also the TVPlus logo appears top right hand corner of screen on startup of the tv, so its not gone, or deleted... its baaaack!.

so... fewer channels, but the same insidous problem.  

FYI my TV is model UE55 KS 8080 (an 8 series UHD 4 k ) probably 3 years old or so

Mabolsa_Ritchie
Apprentice
Options

I've written to them today by e-mail, using an e-mail address I found when messing around with TVPLus to try to delete it. The e-mail address came up on screen and is directly related to TVPLus, but still a samsung e-mail address.

I can't delete any of the channels, so I can't even get as far as you do. It's a very frustrating situation. My TV didn't do this when I first bought it, so I think it must have been because of an update. I've turned automatic updates off now, but I need to roll back to a previous state to resolve this. Unfortunately, there is no facility on the TV to do this.

I don't expect to get the answer I want from samsung.

Mabosla