Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2018 12:52 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

JunkJunk

As you can see the above apps won't allow me to delete them.

We have strong views about some of these apps and i don't want our family to have to deal with them on our new expensive smart tv.

We wish to delete them all. Specifically the pay for view cinema apps.

Failing that we need to stop the pay for view cinema app from endlessly  playing when you select live tv.

Not everything it shows is to our liking and it's a temptation to make purchases for the family and leads to arguments.  Its eye candy infront of babies.  Seriously wtf samsung.

When I choose live tv I don't want it to default to these junk channels.

Can anyone help us block the automatic viewing or delete them entirely  ?

We certainly didn't pay less for the tv to put up with advertising in our living room which we don't accept on our other devices.

Ps here's a link of samsung claiming all apps can be removed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgnvolFT24

65 REPLIES 65
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Anonymous User

What's your TV's model number? Some applications are embedded and cannot be removed, in which case you may wish to utilise the 'lock/unlock' feature to prevent access to the apps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hello. It's ks9000.

I honestly don't care if they are removed but they need to be blocked.

Lock is useless as it still allows the tv to show the trailers.
If anything that's worse as now we have to watch the junk but can't access it leading to further disagreements.

These are adult film trailers being endlessly looped without our permission.

If you can tell me how to prevent the paytoview cinema channels from being the default channel for live tv that be brilliant....That must be possible right?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

My first reply was marked as spam!?

It's a ks9000.

The paytoview trailers are default on the tv first channel.

We wish to block them from view.

Lock doesn't help as it allows it to stream endlessly.

We'd much rather have a blank screen or static or anything but adult films we don't want and can't afford and lead to arguments.

Please assist us to delete this bloatwate or block from view or remove from the default live tv channel ..Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/smart-hub-delete-apps/

This page explains that some samsung tvs are like , "a bad store which controls everything and forces users to make purchases they don't want and didn't ask for...".

If this is true this is truly disgusting that we're being forced to have apps which we don't allow or want on our family pc or phones or tablets.

So my question would be if we are unable to delete this junk how can we prevent it from streaming on the default hub ???

These aren't Disney cartoons but adult films which are expensive....but they're playing non stop to our family.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/smart-hub-delete-apps/

This page explains that some samsung tvs are like , "a bad store which controls everything and forces users to make purchases they don't want and didn't ask for...".

If this is true this is truly disgusting that we're being forced to have apps which we don't allow or want on our family pc or phones or tablets.

So my question would be if we are unable to delete this junk how can we prevent it from streaming on the default hub ???

These aren't Disney cartoons but adult films which are expensive....but they're playing non stop to our family.

As has been said some apps are an intetgral part of the Samsung system and cannot be deleted, of course some will not really like this.  However disagree that users are "forced" to make purchases, always needs to be with consent with your protected pin.   However you can able to edit the channel list.   Press Home-Channel List-Edit Channels-TV Plus (if sure you don't need them) -select Tv Plus at the top if you wish to  select all these channels-Delete. Afterwards press Home-TV.   This may sort out the Autoplay issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hello thanks for helping.  It is appreciated.

The quote wasn't mine... but I agree with it 100% .  I cant imagine anyone asked for a nonstop paytoview trailer channel as the default.  It's not integral to the tv beyond I'm guessing a financial contract samsung have done with those companies.  

Please appreciate we weren't given a choice or a warning so it's not ok unless it comes with an opt out package. But this isnt opt in or opt out...its mandatory bloatware if we're being honest.  

So...the pin or locks you mentioned doesnt seem to stop the trailers showing on the live tv channel.  That's the issue..these trailers on default channel. Turn on the tv...endless trailers for adult films we don't need.

If I go to source (home) /live tv / channel list = nothing.20180514_145902.jpg

That's all it does.  A big 4000? No options at all. No list to edit.

What am i missing...Any ideas?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello thanks for helping.  It is appreciated.

The quote wasn't mine... but I agree with it 100% .  I cant imagine anyone asked for a nonstop paytoview trailer channel as the default.  It's not integral to the tv beyond I'm guessing a financial contract samsung have done with those companies.  

Please appreciate we weren't given a choice or a warning so it's not ok unless it comes with an opt out package. But this isnt opt in or opt out...its mandatory bloatware if we're being honest.  

So...the pin or locks you mentioned doesnt seem to stop the trailers showing on the live tv channel.  That's the issue..these trailers on default channel. Turn on the tv...endless trailers for adult films we don't need.

If I go to source (home) /live tv / channel list = nothing.20180514_145902.jpg

That's all it does.  A big 4000? No options at all. No list to edit.

What am i missing...Any ideas?

You should be able to go to Channel list,the select brings up Edit Channels and choices are all, Tv Plus , Favourites and Channel Type.   If unable to manage could do Factory Reset to see if that makes difference,Go to General Settings and start Set Up.F4FEA8D5-BAEA-452F-806A-361171DB2AFD.jpeg

D399BA6F-C84B-4E8A-9298-130E2FD90427.jpeg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I do not have that option for what ever reason but I will try a friend's in a few day and see why mine is different.

It is a shame that there are any hardwired apps at all and I will make that a factor when we upgrade.  According to their own video it seems a recent update.

Is it possible to roll back the firmware to remove them ?

Thank you for your assistance today. I am a few steps closer to resolving this disappointing issue.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is a shame that there are any hardwired apps at all and I will make that a factor when we upgrade.  According to their own video it seems a recent update.

Is it possible to roll back the firmware to remove them ?

Unfortunately you cannot roll back firmware, resets can sometimes sort certain issues.

0 Likes