Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 07:10 AM)
Allison_01
Student
Options

I don’t know what happned I unplugged the hdmi from my xbox and my Samsung tv when I went to plug it back it all it does is thisIt says no sourceIt says no source

I have it’s in the hdmi1 plug I tried changing the source we just got this tv it was working before idk what happened someone please help 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EyalL
First Poster
Options

I had this with the old cable, got another cable and none of the two icons (selected + power) show, and it works. The first cable I had causes these icons to show, and doesn't connect. Has to do with hdmi version I guess. Try another cable.

View solution in context

Solution
BrandiO
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! You were right! It was the thunderbolt to HDMI that was not working. I bought one from amazon and it works great now. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13K8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

View solution in context

37 REPLIES 37
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Allison_01 wrote:

I don’t know what happned I unplugged the hdmi from my xbox and my Samsung tv when I went to plug it back it all it does is thisIt says no sourceIt says no source

I have it’s in the hdmi1 plug I tried changing the source we just got this tv it was working before idk what happened someone please help 

If something works ok then stops it could be faulty. I would always advise people to report any fault to your retailers, as they are responsible under consumer law. If it is within 4 weeks you can normally ask for a replacement or refund if faulty in the first 4 weeks. 

Paul

0 Likes
Wayne10
Pioneer
Options

Don't panic its not broke.

Its the learning remote sotfware not auto choosing your source.

If you press the up arrow from there, on the remote, you can edit and manually input your source.

0 Likes
Allison_01
Student
Options

It has add to home or edit I go to edit and then it has where I can change icon or the hdmi name but it still dosnt fis the source problems what does the blue check make and red power icon mean in the picture 

0 Likes
Wayne10
Pioneer
Options
Edit > Device Icon > Edit Name > OK.

Blue tick icon means selected and red means device not powered on.
0 Likes
Madhope
First Poster
Options
Did you ever find a solution to this? Been trying to find answers for a week and am struggling
texags
Student
Options

Anyone find a solution to this? I am having the same issue as well.

@Madhope wrote:
Did you ever find a solution to this? Been trying to find answers for a week and am struggling

BrandiO
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with my Samsung Smart TV. I have tried all sort of troubleshooting. Nothing worked so far. It seems to be a software issue, I believe there have been some kind of software updates on tv or laptop and the tv sees the hdmi connected device to be off, when it's clearly on. 

BrandiO
Apprentice
Options
Hi Madhope! Did you find a solution to the problem yet?
0 Likes
Solution
EyalL
First Poster
Options

I had this with the old cable, got another cable and none of the two icons (selected + power) show, and it works. The first cable I had causes these icons to show, and doesn't connect. Has to do with hdmi version I guess. Try another cable.