Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone button not working

(Topic created on: 16-05-2019 06:37 PM)
EricD1
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, I've just bought a Samsung 49NU7300 and am wondering if there is a way to connect headphones to it?

TIA

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
@EricD1: This model has HDMI, USB and Optical inputs only and does not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Your best bet would be to use Bluetooth speakers and go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List to choose the headphones as the output source for sound . Hope this helps.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@EricD1 wrote:

Hi all, I've just bought a Samsung 49NU7300 and am wondering if there is a way to connect headphones to it?

TIA

You didn't check when you bought it. Another penny pinching exercise by Samsung, no head phone jack. Think probably the only tv manufacturer who does not fit headphones jack. 

Paul

0 Likes
EricD1
Apprentice
Options
No, you are right, I didn't check and really sorry that I bought it now!
EricD1
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL; This TV doesn't have Bluetooth either! There is a HDMI ARC but can't seem to get it to work with the HDMI to HDMI + Audio converter either! Seems like I've bough the s**tiest TV Samsung has made!

EricD1
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@EricD1: This model has HDMI, USB and Optical inputs only and does not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Your best bet would be to use Bluetooth speakers and go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List to choose the headphones as the output source for sound . Hope this helps.

@AndrewL; This TV doesn't have Bluetooth either! There is a HDMI ARC but can't seem to get it to work with the HDMI to HDMI + Audio converter either! Seems like I've bough the s**tiest TV Samsung has made!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@EricD1 wrote:
No, you are right, I didn't check and really sorry that I bought it now!

You are not the only one. Funny how it does not say on the advertising you see in the high street that there is no headphones socket and no Bluetooth on some models. Look at some other models like the Hisense which has DTS, headphone jack, will pass atmos, and when I saw one the picture was pretty good. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@EricD1 wrote:

Yep. 

See if you can send back, but some retailers have different rules. 

0 Likes
EricD1
Apprentice
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@EricD1 wrote:

Yep. 

I just mentioned that to the wife but she is keen on keeping it, she likes it!

I've just ordered a cheap Digital Coaxial Toslink to Analog Audio converter, if that doesn't work either then I give up and will let the missus suffer when she goes to bed early! LOLOL

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@EricD1 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@EricD1 wrote:

Yep. 

I just mentioned that to the wife but she is keen on keeping it, she likes it!

I've just ordered a cheap Digital Coaxial Toslink to Analog Audio converter, if that doesn't work either then I give up and will let the missus suffer when she goes to bed early! LOLOL

That's your wife's choybut I would suggest having a look at the app storage thread on these forums, because Samsung in their wisdom looks like the reduced the memory for apps from 4 gig to 1 gig, and  owners are having lots of problems, with updating apps. 

Paul

0 Likes