Support

Open search

HDR mode for netflix

First Poster

hello, i just bought NU7100 tv...let say i play netflix app, how suppose i to know HDR mode is running...before this on LG tv got notification HDR mode running for some movie...?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
TracyR Moderator

When on Netflix, when you select the thing you want to watch, under the title it will say what format it will play in.

Whether it be: HD, HDR, 4K, etc. 

You'd also need to ensure your Netflix plan is set up for HDR/4K viewing. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

First Poster

yeah i know that....if movie support hdr, but how i suppose to know that currently movie is playing in hdr mode or normal mode...?i try play some movie that support HDR n dont, i cannot see the different

AndrewL Moderator
If you go to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDR+ Mode > On, this will automatically provide an optimal HDR effect based on the video source.
Superuser I
Superuser I

Opinions vary on  HDR Plus, with some viewing it as a faux setting  though that may be more relevant to    non HDR content.   Whilst an enhancement  It may not always be  the most natural image and can lead to over saturisation of colours in some instances.    However best to test for your own prefereence.  Some information on general settings here Endgadget- Settings

Explorer

HDR+ is a mode that will artificially convert SDR content to HDR. I do not recommend that setting as it is unnatural. Think of it as those "bass boost" audio or picture motion sharpening gimicks.

For the OP question. Once you start playing your HDR content, you can click on the "home" button to show the "smart hub". On Smart Hub navigate to the far left settings icon (second icon from the left). Than, above the smart hub, a bar will appear and it will display your current profiles for video, audio, game mode, ... There you will see your picture profile settings icon, and it will show an "HDR" text/image in it (if you are sucessfully watching in HDR).

I have a Q6FN, and it correctly switches to HDR mode when using Netflix, PLEX, ...

Observer

THIS IS TRUE, HOWEVER IT DOES SHOW THE HDR ON SOME NETFLIX\AMAZON 4K CONTENT, BUT NOT OTHERS.  WHEN IT DOESNT SHOW THE HDR, EVEN THOUGH THE SHOW SAYS IT IS, THATS WHEN I WOULD LIKE TO STILL BE ABLE TO SEE RESOLUTION VIA INFO.  SORRY FOR ALL CAPS. 

Top Liked Authors