Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Sources switching back to TV

(Topic created on: 08-09-2017 03:04 PM)
benny74
Apprentice
Options

Hi, can anyone help? Just wondering whether my problem is a common issue.

Bought Q7F QLED last week, everything working fine till this morning. When I try to switch to another HDMI source like Sky or my Android box it switches back to terrestrial TV after a few seconds. I've rebooted the TV, One Connect box, Sky box and router but still no joy.

Anyone else had similar problem? And is there an easy fix? Tried to get callback from Samsung support line, but nobody called.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @benny74.

When you say 'rebooted' the TV, did you do a reset through the TV menu? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

0 Likes
benny74
Apprentice
Options

Yes I had reset. Just updated software to version 1141 on advice of someone on your FB page. Seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed 

0 Likes
benny74
Apprentice
Options

It's happening again. I've reset the tv twice and updated software. It seemed to have done the trick, but watching just now the source switched back to terrerstrial tv. When I try to switch back again it only lasts for a few seconds before switching itself back. Happens with HDM1 and 2. Is this a common problem or an issue with my tv?

0 Likes
pdvanhelden
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with a UHD TV 7 series. Has this been resolved on your end?