Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Ports Don't seem to work

(Topic created on: 21-09-2018 07:49 AM)
nicmackenzie
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have connected my TV to two DVRs through a HDMI Cable. It worked okay until recently when the feeds disappeared and when i go to the HDMI option in the source menu, it displays an error that there is no singal. I have connected the HDMI's to another TV and it works okay so the HDMI cable isn't the problem. What could be the issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @nicmackenzie.

What's the model code and software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung, or if it's a newer TV, Home > Settings > Support > About this TV. Have you tried all the HDMI ports?

0 Likes
nicmackenzie
First Poster
Options

Yes i have tried all the ports none is working.I have reset to factory default but am still not getting anything.Your help will be highly appreciated.

Model-UA40J5300

Software Version-T-N14MJDEUC-1109.1

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @nicmackenzie.

It looks like there is a software update available for your TV. If the TV is connected to the internet, you should be able to update the software by going to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@nicmackenzie wrote:

Hi,

I have connected my TV to two DVRs through a HDMI Cable. It worked okay until recently when the feeds disappeared and when i go to the HDMI option in the source menu, it displays an error that there is no singal. I have connected the HDMI's to another TV and it works okay so the HDMI cable isn't the problem. What could be the issue?

Sounds like a faulty TV. Have you informed your retailers as they are responsible under the consumer law,  not Samsung. 

Paul

0 Likes