Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP

(Topic created on: 15-07-2017 05:58 AM)
Bazza1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, have just bought a new 49 inch curved samsung tv. often I get a message come up on screen that Sky does not support HDCP. I have asked samsung for help on this issue but it has not been fixed yet. Sky tell me it is the new TV and not an issue with sky. Any ideas please as this is really annoying. I have turned the Sky box off, turned the cables around, new cables but still have issues.

9 REPLIES 9
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @Bazza1

What is the model number of your TV?

Have you ensured that the Sky box is connected to HDMI 1? 

Bazza1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Yes it is in the HDMI 1 DVI port.   UE49KU6100K 

blacksson
Explorer
Options

If you set 4K HDMI video format on SKY Box, make sure that you enabled "UHD Color" in TV settings.

blacksson
Explorer
Options

Have you tried other HDMI ports?

Bazza1
Journeyman
Options
Yes. It still happens..
Bazza1
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes i have done this too. it did seem to work fine until the last couple of days ago and now its happening again. Normally first switch on of the day!.
0 Likes
Rictheman
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new Samsung 50" Smart TV and use a Sky Q 2Tb box. Set it all up and all worked fine. Next time I switched on I got HDCP not supported! Re plugged in my 'old' 40" curved Samsung and that worked fine. Switched back to new Smart TV and still got the HDCP message. Prior to that appearing I got a nano second of Sky picture and sound which made me suspicious it was Sky not the TV. Spent about an hour on the phone with a very helpful Sky technician who tried a number of things and finally suggested removing the HDMI cable from both devices and removing the power from both too. Did this and it worked ...... or so I thought. Next day the same issue!! What I have found out is that if the Sky Q box is in standby and I switch on the TV first and then switch the Sky box on it works OK..... sometimes.

It's very annoying that a brand new Smart TV and Sky Q Box wont, in this day and age, work without problems. The problem appears to be with HDCP which is an old antiquated piece of rubbish. Grrrr

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Rictheman wrote:

I have a brand new Samsung 50" Smart TV and use a Sky Q 2Tb box. Set it all up and all worked fine. Next time I switched on I got HDCP not supported! Re plugged in my 'old' 40" curved Samsung and that worked fine. Switched back to new Smart TV and still got the HDCP message. Prior to that appearing I got a nano second of Sky picture and sound which made me suspicious it was Sky not the TV. Spent about an hour on the phone with a very helpful Sky technician who tried a number of things and finally suggested removing the HDMI cable from both devices and removing the power from both too. Did this and it worked ...... or so I thought. Next day the same issue!! What I have found out is that if the Sky Q box is in standby and I switch on the TV first and then switch the Sky box on it works OK..... sometimes.

It's very annoying that a brand new Smart TV and Sky Q Box wont, in this day and age, work without problems. The problem appears to be with HDCP which is an old antiquated piece of rubbish. Grrrr

Sounds like a faulty tv. If it works and then stops, normally a fault. 

Report it to your retailer, and if within the first 30 days, you can reject as faulty, and you can ask for, and this is your choice, repair, replacement, or full refund, and if bought and had delivered, free return. After 30 days, you have to allow one attempt at repair, then same options. 2015 consumer law. 

Paul

0 Likes
SiGuy24
First Poster
Options

I have an Integra DRX-3.1 receiver connected to a Samsung 6 Series Smart TV. Everything was working fine to use the receivers sound when watching/listening to connected devices but when  I switched the receiver to play some music in Zone 2 of the house, the connection between the Receiver and TV is now lost. It has happened twice before and by pure accident, I managed to get it going. I can't play DVD's, view security cameras, nothing at all. It's like the two units are not connected but they are as when I turn the TV on/off the Receiver comes on/off. 

0 Likes