Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Horizontal Lines on new Samsung TV (NU6900)

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 04:13 PM)
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new Samsung TV (Model UN43NU6900BXZA) and live in a rural area with very mediocre DSL. 

When I am watching the base TV channel and certain apps (Netflix), the picture is fine. When I use other apps (Hulu), there are horizontal green lines that come in and out on the right side of the green (like screen tearing). 

I am guessing it is a result of poor internet. Is this something I should return the TV for (the screen is completely normal otherwise)? Is there a way to adjust the resolution to compensate for slower internet? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @mailyphung, I hope you are well! Do you mind sending a picture with these green lines shown on the screen? Can you confirm if it happens only with the app Hulu or with other apps too? Can you also confirm where you are located and where you purchased the TV from?

0 Likes
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

A picture is enclosed. I am in western New Mexico. It happens with the CBS and HBO apps, but not Netflix. TV was purchased from Best Buy.

See bottom right of screenSee bottom right of screen

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you getting these through an external device? If so, are you able to try to plug the device in a different port and/or use a different cable?

0 Likes
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

No, this is through the internet connection

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is odd. Is this happening in all the programmes or in some particular ones? 

0 Likes
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

For the apps, it is the programs but NOT the commercials or title pages.

0 Likes
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

FYI I just reset the tv to factory settings and the green lines appeared at the samsung opening (window with curtain blowing).

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to contact CBS and HBO to see if there is an issue with their transmission as this is not appearing in other apps or the commercial it might be down to the programmes themselves? 

0 Likes
mailyphung
First Poster
Options

OK, but why would I see the green lines during the Samsung opening when resetting the computer?

0 Likes