Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of TV Plus channels

(Topic created on: 21-08-2019 09:06 PM)
Fhuktvplus
First Poster
Options

I have a UE55KU6400 and the most recent update added channels to TV plus ‘as standard’ (even though no person in history has ever wanted tv plus).

The problem is, I can’t delete them using Channel List or any other method. In Channel List, the option to edit is greyed out.

Seriously, what the actual **** is that about. I don’t want this **** on here Samsung, the fact that I even have to spend time trying to get rid of this is time I’m never getting back in my life thanks to you. Just ****ing let us remove it once and for all!

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Fhuktvplus 

Have a look at this useful link from our friends over the water which may be of some help to you.

0 Likes
TVPLUSAPP
First Poster
Options

Every time I turn on my shiny new Samsung frame TV, I am greeted with a loud obnoxious TV plus Channel that I have no interest in watching.   Imagine flipping open your laptop and being greeted at your start page with a website blaring at you for something you have no interest in.   I’ve tried everything to delete this app,  it seems the harder and more things I try the quicker the app ends up back on my television.   This is my last Samsung television

aburgers
First Poster
Options

I found a less than ideal solution to this problem, but a solution nonethless. Go to the settings app, click the broadcasting icon, and set the "Program Rating Lock Setting" to on, and select all content to disable. Everytime the Tv Plus program boots up, you will be greeted with "Program Rating Lock", and it will ask you to put in a code, don't put in the code. If you want to get out of this screen, you can click the "Source" button to access your tray of apps. Hopes this helps. 

hanah
Apprentice
Options

I tried this, and while it did lock the TV Plus app, when I go to “source”, it still only shows me only the TV Plus app and my HDMI source. It’s likentcable/antenna tv source has completely disappeared and been replaced with the TV Plus app. I tried everything - restoring the tv to factory settings, turning of WiFi on the tv, unplugging everything from the power andplugging back in, deleting all TV Plus channels (as some others have suggested), but people were right; this app is like a virus, it just completely takes over the tv and the only way to get rid of it is to throw the tv away and buy a new one. 

0 Likes
theluketalbot
Student
Options

OK this took me 15 minutes of pulling hair out, but I have FIXED THIS!!!!!! Turns out, it is there because it has content. So in its silly little mind it needs to show it to you. So you need to delete all the individual free to view IPTV channels to get rid of it like this:

1. Go to the Home menu, and select the Samsung TV Plus app. 

2. Go up and you should have an option to view channel list

3. Look for Edit Channels on the screen (was bottom right for me)

4. Select All top right

5. Delete

BOOOOOOM!!!! No more bloody Samsung TV Plus 

You're welcome

Luke

hanah
Apprentice
Options

OMG, that actually worked! Dude, I have not been able to watch regular tv for 3.5 months! Now that I have my old/favorite/cable tv channels back, I am crying a little bit! I owe you one! (I’ll give you my first born when I have one). Thanks so much!! 

theluketalbot
Student
Options

Ah! I claim Law of Surprise 😄

hanah
Apprentice
Options

Oh, well ~ now it’s official! Hehe.... (although, witches are said to not be able to reproduce, but they sure are pretty - wink wink *) I’ll steal one if I have to, or create one out of magic then. LOL! 

0 Likes
Person12345
First Poster
Options

I got rid of them by going into the guide and filtering to TV

0 Likes