Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freesat / free view connecting

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 05:21 PM)
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

Hi

ive just purchase a 2019 Q85 and it has free view and Freesat built in, when I set it up I did connect both, to the terrestrial aerial and also the satellite dish. During the setup procedure I'm sure I had to pick one or the other and I picked terrestrial, but now wish I'd done satellite (as I have terrestrial tv through my talk talk box).

does anyone know how I can no

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Petritapio56
Apprentice
Options

I woiuld like to watch local Finnish channels through the terrestrial tuner and German, French and other Central European channels through the satellite tuner. And I think it should be possible to pretune both tuners so that it would be possible to change the active tuner on the fly, without disabling one of the tuners and retuning the channels on the other one. Is it possible to enable the satellite tuner and tune the channels on it when the terrestrial tuner is already in use?

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options
Yes you can tune them independently and then just swap between them
0 Likes
Petritapio56
Apprentice
Options

What should I do in order to tune them independently? All of the menu items for satellite are gray even when I connect the satellite antenna cables to the SAT inputs on the One Connect Box and in case of manual tuning I can only choose between terrestrial and cable.

IMG_8535[1].JPGIMG_8536[1].JPG

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

Firstly make sure you have all the input icons up like this and select satellite  (mine says live tv satellite)Firstly make sure you have all the input icons up like this and select satellite (mine says live tv satellite)

Click source and make sure the green box is above Samsung tvClick source and make sure the green box is above Samsung tv

Click settingsClick settings

Then broadcasting, they will only be greyed out if you have not selected that inputThen broadcasting, they will only be greyed out if you have not selected that input

0 Likes
Petritapio56
Apprentice
Options

No such item "live tv satellite" available in the home menu on my unit even though the satellite receiver is physically available. This is just the problem I'm trying to solve. I suppose there is something I should do to make it available.

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options
Just try the Samsung tv plus on the source tab
0 Likes
Peteraci
First Poster
Options

Hi

To get the sat tuner active you have to reset the TV to default settings and enable both the sat and terrestrial tuners in the setup steps.

switching between sat and terrestrial is a pain.

hope this helps

0 Likes
bitbasher
First Poster
Options

I had to do a reset for the whole televison. and unplug any HDMI plugs.

0 Likes
AAL1964
First Poster
Options

how to switch between terrestial and Freesat channels on QE43Q60TAU? Both can be tuned in easily but I don't see any option to enable both. 

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

I think the actual tv can only do one or the other at anyone time but I have my normal tv through a TalkTalk box and the freesat is separate as per the photo

91D510CA-CDED-4B2E-98F1-705644CA4402.jpeg

0 Likes