Support

Open search

Freesat / free view connecting

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Hi

ive just purchase a 2019 Q85 and it has free view and Freesat built in, when I set it up I did connect both, to the terrestrial aerial and also the satellite dish. During the setup procedure I'm sure I had to pick one or the other and I picked terrestrial, but now wish I'd done satellite (as I have terrestrial tv through my talk talk box).

does anyone know how I can no

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Belt 

@Kingsley1 wrote:

How I can now change it to satellite?
thanks


Do auto retune and enable both terrestrial and satellite.

Once done you can switch between the two.

Paul

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
First Poster

How I can now change it to satellite?
thanks

Black Belt 

@Kingsley1 wrote:

How I can now change it to satellite?
thanks


Do auto retune and enable both terrestrial and satellite.

Once done you can switch between the two.

Paul

View solution in original post

First Poster

Thanks Paul, they are all greyed out in the settings and say not available

Black Belt 

@Kingsley1 wrote:

Thanks Paul, they are all greyed out in the settings and say not available


Have you retuned?

You then have to switch between terrestrial and sat. It took me a while to suss it out.

Paul

First Poster

Just figured it out thanks, I was on the talk talk box hdmi input when I needed to be on the tv tuner itself.

thanks again

First Poster

What should I do in order to retune? I cannot find a place in the menu to retune and to be able to choose both terrestrial and satellite tuners for picture source.

Petritapio56

First Poster

You have to make sure that you have selected either the satellite input to tune that or the terrestrial input to tune that in the settings.
does that make sense?  

First Poster

Where in the menu can I select it? All of the menu items for satellite are grayed. And does that mean, that I have to choose between watching terrestrial or satellite channels and that I can only use one tuner at a time? I thought it would - and taking into account the price of the unit I think it should - be possible to tune in both the terrestrial and satellite cahnnels and change the active tuner "on the fly".

First Poster

@Petritapio56 wrote:

Where in the menu can I select it? All of the menu items for satellite are grayed. And does that mean, that I have to choose between watching terrestrial or satellite channels and that I can only use one tuner at a time? I thought it would - and taking into account the price of the unit I think it should - be possible to tune in both the terrestrial and satellite cahnnels and change the active tuner "on the fly".


Not sure why you would want terrestrial and satellite at the same time...you could only watch one lol

843F47A8-E1EA-458B-AAC7-F36C9B064BE0.jpegPick which source you want first, I have TalkTalk on a normal aerial or the inbuilt satellite

 

7DDF976A-B31D-4701-BDC7-F424DDDEB800.jpegThen select settings and tune each one

 

Top Liked Authors